Orillia

bigugli

Seeing as I had some tackle to deliver to a lodge north of Orillia, I thought I'd throw in some fishing time ( Duh, who wouldn't :P ). So, the wife and I leave sunny Beamsville at 5:30 and we're in Orillia before 8. Good travel time. From that point things went downhill. Lit up the Coleman to get the coffee brewing and the wind starts to howl. Once I finally have the thing brewing go to get brekkie ready. Open the cooler and there is the margerine, milk, sugar and syrup, but no griddle cake mix. I forgot it in the fridge :wallbash:

So next we try fishing the town dock. Talk about miserable, but the bride stuck it out long enough to say she was fishing.

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2522.jpg

After that Judy scurried back to the van to stay warm and we made a muffin run to substitute for breakfast :blush:

Next we drive to the ultra secret perch hole. Tried the worms , all I got were sunnies, but there were lots of minnows so I scooped a couple dozen. All of a sudden the sky goes black, the minnows disappear before I can get another scoop. All of a sudden its Freakin snowing! A few flakes at first then followed by corn snow and hail. Haven't seen that happen so late in decades. Despite the wind and snow the perch were feeding. Lots of dinks with a few good sized ones mixed in for variety.

DSCN2525.jpg

OF course it wouldn't be a typical "Ugli" day if I didn't fall down and get wet. Judy thinks I stepped in a soft spot. We won't tell, will we? :angel:

Despite the adversities, it was still a fun day. After all this is Canader, eh? :canadian:

Haha yea i totally missed the snow since i was still in bed, heard about it from my gf and i still don't believe her lol. Was not a nice day at all been having really wacky weather lately. But not as bad as Sturgeon Falls , Randy from sturgeon can probably fill us in lol. Also a friend sent this picture from Sturgeon Falls Gross

44642055116956026464806z.jpg