glue for rod tip

dada2727

Super Glue should do the trick.... but the problem may lie in how STRONG the glue is... But cause its on a ROD TIP... there isn't much "Pulling Action" going on... aside from the natural friction coming from the line exiting your rod tip (especially when a fish is on the other end)... but it should be ok.... Personally though....I wouldn't trust my gear with it.

Probably better going to get the glue thats INTENDED for that use...

Last thing you'd want is catching the 'Biggest Fish' of your life... and the rod tip failing.... and making fighting the fish THAT MUCH MORE difficult.

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

The best stuff is called 'ferrule cement'. Archers use to put on arrow heads. It is a thermal glue that you heat up like a glue stick. It isn't as soft a a common thermal glue stick. Google "ferrule cement" and you find a lot of descriptions. One stick will last you a lifetime. Simply heating up the tip top with a lighter makes adjusting and change it a snap. Do NOT use crazy glue. If you do, them removing the tip top or adjusting it later is very difficult. you may have to cut the tip top off later.

Anybody that sells archery supplies should carry it. I got mine at laBarons over 20 years ago.

If the rod has any real value to you, use ferrule cement.

muddler

I use any glue stick. Just heat with a match. The broken peace comes right out as well. Works great for me. I carry a small peace in my box for fixing my stepped on rods. :wallbash: . Plus carry a bigger tip eye, case you brake a little farther down, on those BIG ONES :rolleyes::D

I know Spiel, Shut-up farmer. Chris,what do you use for Stretch marks on your fishing rod :w00t::w00t:

Edited by Fish Farmer

I use 2 part epoxy also. the tip might not take too much of a pulling load, but it gets a lot of twisting which is where typical home hotmelt fails because they're not very sticky. hot melt from archery shops or Gudebrod's hotmelt ferrule cement is gummy and sticky and much better if you you insist on using a hot melt glue.