renting mailbox

Raf

i just used the link Billm showed for us address.....just send email with all your particulars, have the stuff mailed to there address and it only costs like $5 per item up to a certain weight. UPS store is way to expensivve, they wanted $30US for my item to be shipped there.

UPS store is way to expensivve, they wanted $30US for my item to be shipped there.

They used to decently priced, but UPS is just the king of gougers for US-Canada shipping. I've had motorcycle tires shipped to a UPS store over the border and the handling fee was $10. But now because of all the border crossers they're starting to loose some of their ridiculous brokerage fees so all the UPS Stores close to the border have jacked their "handling fees" to match.

UPS sucks donkey bollocks, absolutely refuse to use them anymore.

The USAddressinc.com is the best way to go, used them a few times with no complaints. Remember to declare coming back though, it's not unheard of for Canada Customs to have people in the parking lot making note of Ontario plates pulling in!

i don't have anyone to split the cost with. Plus I don't get much mailed so US Address works for me. I am like 4 minutes from the border so i usually just go buy stuff over there rather than buy online and get shipped.

The USPS post box is a better deal than then UPS box.

Look for a small rural post office because the prices for the boxes increases with the size of the post office. A medium size box runs about $36.00/year.

If you're close and you get to know the post office people, you can call and see if there are things that you are looking for,instead of goingand finding the items haven't arr'd.

I've had a USPS box for over 20 years.

I just make sure vendors that sell me stuff from the US will also declare the value below $40US when shipping it to Canada :)

It that legal? Not really.... does it bother me not to pay outrageous brokerage and shipping fee's? No to much :)