shoot through hull transducer help/questions

Guest buick14

Guest buick14

Ok, so I am very very confused.........

I have a shoot through the hull set-up now, which is very outdated...(lowrance x45, x65)

both units pouched out on me, and I need new 2 units...heres my problem

1)How many through hull transducers do I install? I dont know how, but currently there is only one, with one wire coming out of it to the battery...dont ask me how that works

2)Can I do through hull with ANY 200hz plus fish finder, or are there only certain through hull models?

3) where do I buy the through hull transducer, as bass pro says they dont sell it?

4) Is there any way I can use my current out dated model through hull and just change wires for the units?(keeping in mind, there is only 1 wire coming from the transducer, which is attatched to the battery port)

I do not know where to turn for help in answering my several questions

thank you for your help in advance!

I have not had a problem shooting through an aluminum hull. Before I had my own boat I used to lay the transducer on the bottom of a rental boat at the back near the drain plug. There has to be some water laying there and then it will work. On my boat now I mount it in the same area by using silicone. Ensure there are no air pockets.

Vexilar now sells a product call "The AlumaDucer" made for this purpose. It is made for most depthfinders.

Here's a couple links about it.

http://www.vexilar.com/pages/accessories/a...sducers_au.html

http://www.vexilar.com/pages/accessories/a...ers_au_adp.html

Rick

Im trying to figure out why you need two transducers in the back. If they are the same frequency they will not work due to noise and proximity, the new units transducer will work perfectly fine you ll need to ramp up the sensitivity, prep the surface and epoxy it in ...I just did it to my boat and works like a charm