Cheap Boat Storage

young_one

So last year I had the zoning problem with parking my 18' boat on the drive way, so I moved to a local storage area in Richmond Hill. I was payin $100 + per month. What a rip off!

Last fall after Quinte walleye, I left my boat at a trailer park in Deseronto, and they charged me $70 for a whole YEAR!

Now I need a 2nd parking location for my boat, cause If I want to fish Simcoe (or any other lake away from Quinte), its stupid to get the boat from Quinte and drive back to Simcoe.

I remember seeing farm barns offer storage but dont remember where and parking outside is not a problem

Im not looking for any fancy storage solution, and it can be any where between Richmond Hill, Simcoe South Shore, and Port Perry.

Thanks for all your input!

Pick a sensible location for you and approach property owners. Many farms around here have an RV or two and some boats on it. They're either HEAVY recreationalists or don't mind a few extra bucks for storage each month. If you don't see any, ask anyways.

Going rate around here is about $30/month outdoor for my 18'er for secured outdoor. I pay $40/month for winter indoor storage with limited access.

Do what I did and come fall put a add in your local newspaper to store your boat at a snow birds garage. You get free winter storage while you take care of their house while they are down south. It's a WIN / WIN situation for both of you.

Do what I did and come fall put a add in your local newspaper to store your boat at a snow birds garage. You get free winter storage while you take care of their house while they are down south. It's a WIN / WIN situation for both of you.

I like that idea a lot! :clapping:

thats smart...

Cobourg, right off the 401 there is a Storage place where I have a unit right now.. I asked them how much to park a boat on the land.. $44 a month.. Theres a gate which you would get a key to, as the office is only open from like 9am-Noon. And they have on site security cameras also. There is currently about 10 large RVs and a few boats also.

Cobourg Mini Storage

83 Veronica St

Cobourg, ON K9A 1A1

(905) 372-6756‎

So last year I had the zoning problem with parking my 18' boat on the drive way, so I moved to a local storage area in Richmond Hill. I was payin $100 + per month. What a rip off!

I'd never pay that. My solution would be to move or sell the boat. Something wrong with zoning regs when they won't let you keep your toys close at hand.

Best of luck finding a cheap reasonable solution.