In Need of a new boat cover

Fang

OK I know that there's a few Crestliner owners out there with the same boat and I'd also like to here from any Lund, Princecraft or other 18ft side console type boat owners that have recently purchased a mooring cover. Been in need of one for the last year and finally this weekend got fed up with the canvas cover that came with the boat.

Have looked on line at the various US dealers and by the time exchange, shipping and duty/taxes comes in, a basic fitted cover for my 2001 boat is at $450-500 CDN. I've tried one of the all purpose CDN Tire version for BAss/Walleye boats and it just didn't fit. I need a port trolling motor option as well as the motor hood

Looking for someplace more local (Oakville). Open to suggestions guys. First and foremost needs to be breathable and waterproof for storage outside in the driveway. Don't care if it can be left on while trailering on the highway.

Any aftermarket suppliers?

Hey Fang. Don't know of anyone out your way that does covers. I sent these links to a buddy of mine and he went with the Iboats one and was very happy with it. Sounds like you've looked into something along these lines already.

Overton's

iboat

Personally I've just been using the generic covers from Bass Pro, Canadian Tire and my latest one is from Walmart. They have done me well for my purposes but if I was leaving it at a dock for days at a time I'd get a custom one made up. As for the fit none of them were perfect but seemed to do the job. I've gotten about 3 years out of each cover and just bought the third. For about a $150 a pop they have been pretty good protection. for my needs.

Funny you mention that. I have a raincheck for the 18 ft Princess Auto tarp in my wallet. I phoned Hamilton and Mississauga today and still out of stock on that tarp.

The cover I had narrowed it down to is a Sharkskin model from iboats. $238 US but ~$450 CDN by the time it hits my door. I'm thnking about the generic one and then buying myself a Stradic to even out the difference.

I have this cover from CTC http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/Sp...vas%2BCover.jsp in the 17 foot bass boat size. The box was different sizing specks. I have had it on my boat for two years now. Even after spending a whole winter it is still in great shape. Has never leaked. It fits my Lund Explorer 1675 SS with room to spare. I would not trailer with it though.