Where to catch trout 1 Hour from toronto?

danjang

Hey all,

Me and a few friends are going out fishing today. I was wondering where I can possibly catch trout within an hour from Toronto. Would the credit still hold steelies? If so where abouts. I have yet to catch one and I've gone on multiple occasions. We're just looking to enjoy the outdoors and possible catch some fish.

Thanks

-Dan

Welcome aboard, Dan...there are so many trout threads on here, the best way to find what you want is by using the search function. From what I've heard and read, there are plenty of opportunities close by...just do a bit of reading and you'll find what you want closest to you. Good luck!!! :)

Coldwater creek above the 400 and Moonstone. Follow the Rail Tracks and fish the down stream of the culverts that run across the tracks. If I had a map Id give you a grid reference. Youll never find them sitting on your fat butt or driving straight to the spots. You have to actually work to find them otherwise theyll be fished out. Small split shot and hook with worm for the brookies.

Just about every Metro .... most Loblaws and some Sobeys ;)

Seriously, just about every trib from Burlington to Grafton hold Steelies .... its really just a matter of walking and and drifting ...

Edited by camillj