3 lakes and 3 species report

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went fishing today at work, work with kids in care and take our boys out evey chance i get...which is lots during the summer....gas and minnows on expenses cant be bad, and the kid loves it so its a definite win/win. I had heard the suckers were in the creek and thought it would be fun to have a go catching some. I had a net which would have been easier but the kid wanted to use a rod and line, so i grabbed some small minnows and we headed out. I got 2, the kid tried but was unlucky.

QUITE A FEW IN THERE, GOT A COUPLE SMALL ONES

After that we headed up the road to a good bass lake by the highway, i kinda thought the water might still be a bit cold and the bass not very active as the lake is spring fed and the ice only cleared of it a week ago. I was wrong, we were there for an hour and got 5 all from shore with slip bobbers and minnows, i lost a real lunker...aint that always the way.

KID HOOKED INTO FIRST ONE, IF IT WAS NOT FOR CONFIDENTIALITY YOU WOULD SEE THE BIGGEST GRIN ON HIS FACE

suckers3.jpg

I GOT 3 SMALLER ONES AFTER THAT

suckers5.jpg

suckers6.jpg

AND OF COURSE THE BIG ONE IS 'THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY'

After work i decided to have a few casts at the bottom of our yard......and finally got a decent pike...water must be warming up now, lots of minnows and shiners in the shallows.

It should be non-stop big pike down there now for the next 2 weeks before the water warms up more and they move away from the bay, they are always around, but for 2 weeks at ice out there are usually large numbers of large pike right there. I only had one big minnow left so after i got that one i called it a day and grabbed a few moments to watch another beautiful sunset.

THATS MORE LIKE IT.....MAYBE 30"

USUAL GREAT SUNSET

suckers8.jpg

suckers9.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Great report, pics and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Man those bronze backs are so dark colored and healthy looking B)

and that pike.... very decent size :clapping:

So you see.... that wasn't too long of a wait.... wasn't it LOL

Great job mon ami and keep it up :canadian:

Thanks again Simon for this beauty report!!!

Jacques