I'm an idiot and lost this....

BillM

519923_oi.jpg

Well the bowmount is useless without the motor being locked down to the bracket. I have mysteriously misplaced the piece that's inserted into the bracket, through the motor then locked with a padlock.

Minn Kota doesn't sell the pin separately, only the entire bracket. Can anyone come up with a way I can gerry rig this thing?

Basically the motor sits on top of this bracket, the pin slides though and is locked. I think I need some Irishfield engineering or something :)

Or if anyone knows where I can just pick up the pin itself.

Edited by BillM

Do you know any machinists? Doesn't look like it would be a hard part to make.

PB

Pauly is right Bill. I am assuming that you are talking about the "D" shaped piece?

Take the picture and what parts you have to a buddy in most mechanical trades (machinist, millwright, welder) and they will be able to whip you one up toot-suite.

I'd love to help but it doesn't make sense geographically. If push comes to shove you could get one made at any local machine shop (meaning by someone you don't know). Keep in mind though that the guy has to pay bills and it may cost a bit. How much is the replacement bracket?

Jim

Bill,

If I get back to work in the next couple of weeks (i am currently laid off and waiting to get called back/looking for another job) Ill see if I can whip you one up. I have a similar mount here for my Maxxum so if that is what the mount is for, I have everything I need......just a matter of making it. It may not look as fancy with the plastic handle and all but at least I can come up with something that would work for you. I have some Stainless tucked away in my tool chest at work in case of such needs :). I cant promise you anything at this point now.....will have to see what the next few weeks hold.....so if you get a better (more solid) offer in the meantime by all means go for it :) Can you just confirm which mount that is...so I can make sure that if I make one that will fit mine....it will fit yours as well? The one I have is the MKA-23 and fits the Maxxum, Maxxum Pro, All Terrain, Fortrex, or Edge trolling motors.

Shoot me a PM in a week or two just to keep me reminded and hopefully we can come up with something for you.

Bill

Bill

Bill.. you talking about the black "handle" with the hole in it at the clip pin and the two end shafts that slide in??? Take two pieces of drill rod and weld a flat 3/4" x 1/8" steel plate across them. Drill hole in center for lock peg.