My centerpin bearings wont spin anymore

"I am wondering though, if you can buy Bearing Buddies for your centre fly pin float reely thing."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What in God's name are bearing buddies?

A boat trailers best friend!!!!! Always had bearing buddies on our trailers. No dead bearings yet :)

The trailer place I deal with Hoskins in Whitby and Jensen in Oshawa will tell you bearing buddy' s are the worst things invented for bearings. We all fill that cavity with grease and then the bearing doesn't get enough heat to turn grease to oil for lubrication so the bearings fail.

Your float reel is the same no grease will warm enough for smooth operation.

Oshawa bearing can get any bearing that's in your float reel sealed ceramic roller needle doesn't matter, expect to $15 to $30 to little ones are expensive.

Your town has a bearing shop.

Garnet

That was a fun read guys! Thanks. I think what we have happening here is that many anglers who spend big bucks on gear, feel the need to have that gear included in the photos they take. Which means laying the rod and reel in the water or on the sand. Heck, some even go to the extreme of holding the rod and reel in their teeth! I find this makes for a real funny photo, and would sooner release the fish without a photo, than to be caught on camera eating a rod! LMAO!

I try to get my old Cardinals in all my photos, but never ate one yet. :D

Edited by TroutSlayer

The trailer place I deal with Hoskins in Whitby and Jensen in Oshawa will tell you bearing buddy' s are the worst things invented for bearings. We all fill that cavity with grease and then the bearing doesn't get enough heat to turn grease to oil for lubrication so the bearings fail.

Your float reel is the same no grease will warm enough for smooth operation.

I bet that trailer place makes a killing of selling OEM trailer bearings :)

Who puts grease in their centerpin anyhow? I think 2-3 drops of sewing machine oil is about it.

Bearing buddies have an automatic relief valve, so I dunno how you'd ever 'overfill' your axle with grease. Like I said, I've never replaced a bearing on a trailer when using these.

You need to read that again.

It's says we fill that cavity .

Not that we over fill fill that cavity.

So with your hub cavity full of grease by the time enough heat is generated to turn grease to oil the damage is done.

Yes they make money gops of it sell bearing kit to people that install bearings buddy's and fill the hub cavity.

Garnet

Like the guy swimming in Egypt, you're in d'nile ;)

Jim

Damn skippy,

Just because its stainless, doesnt mean its corrosion proof.

Wish i had some pictures of the stainless steel steam injectors we have at work here..

I dont see an issue with the odd dunk, ive done it by accident and with proper maintenance there should be issues.

But for those who neglect the bearings, time will tell.

Edited by BrownTown