Help buying a US car

FLEX ROD

With all of the guys and gals on this great board, has anybody purchased a US car/truck here in Ontario?

I have been looking for a truck for my wife and finally have found exactly what she wants at a used car dealer who sells a lot of US cars/truck, I have done the UVHIP and had it checked out by an Infiniti dealer, have the Carfacts all looks good from this point.

The safty is being done it needs the basics wipers, light bulb for head light, the brakes and needs new tires, the dealer is doing all work but he wants to put on "good used tires" or he will put on new tires and wants to split the cost what is the rule regarding this any body know?

Please any and all advice is appriciated as this is not a cheap truck, at least not to me it is a 2007 Infiniti FX35

with 60k.

Thanks,

FLEX

If I understand right...the car is currently on your side of the border on a lot that is selling US vehicles? I bought a Mitsubishi Endeavor that way. One time I took it in for service and the guy tells met that the day time running lights aren't working...they weren't connected in that vehicle as it was a US car.

Either way...My father drove an FX45 for a few years and it was a lot of fun.

Pigeonfisher, you are correct the car is here at a used car dealer who has been in business for quite a while, and yes I have checked the warranty is honored here in Canada, all I need to know is do I have to worry about any leans or repo as I said the car / truck came up clean from all the checks I have been able to do that Iis why I am asking if any other checks can be done?

FLEX

Sorry about that, I misread your post.

If the car is already here, the importer would've had to clear title at the border upon exiting the US prior to entering Canada. 7 days notice is given to US Customs, they search the title and must stamp it before the vehicle is accepted into Canada. In a nutshell, if it can be plated in Canada, all the criteria have been met. Carfax will advise you if it has been in an accident or not and some suggest you do your own independantly. It's a nominal cost and probably worth it. I believe all you need is the serial number of the vehicle.

Peter

If he is selling it off a used lot in Ontario, he's already done the leg work.

We picked up my oldmans '07 Duramax down in Florida last year. Saved a tonne of $$$$

Importing it was quite simple, just needs to make sure you have all your papers in order.