finally able to post a fishing report

fatherof3

It has been a long time since my last fishing report due to lack of fishing outings and not many fish. Today Kennyman and myself went down to Hamilton for some carp since the Grand River here is still too high to fish. Going on advice from Hammercarp we went to a spot we had not tried yet.We got there and actually got to meet Hammercarp.After talking for a bit and finding out the fishing had been slow that day we gave it a go.Well, after something like six hours of trying I got the big skunk and Ken managed only one. The one he did catch turned out to be his PB and was great seeing his enjoyment catching it.Well done.Here are the pics.

DSC002811.jpg

DSC002801.jpg

Thanks again to Hammercarp for the advice and the bait which that fish was caught on in your spot,lol.It was nice meeting you.

I saw you guys there yesterday talking with hammercarp around 4.30- I meant to come over but was too busy not catching fish (got one when Lorne came over to chat a bit later). Way to go with the beautiful fish. You're an example to us all- virtually everyone at the fish-in earlier in the day blanked. The bite is still a bit unpredictable there, although this time last year it was pretty good.

Also, thanks for the update on conditions on the Grand. I'm looking forward to getting a line in the water around K-W soon as I'm up there every week. Guess it will have to wait a bit.

I have to thank Hammercarp as well :worthy: . Without his help (and bait) we wouldn't have had these pics. Also thanks to Brad (fatherof3) for wanting to go there in the first place, scooping that puppy out of the water and taking the pics :worthy: . Man, did we get slimed !! Sure was fun reeling that big guy in on 8lb. test. Nice to meet Hammercarp as well. Icarp, you should have came over and introduced yourself. It's not like we were too busy with the "fast and furious" action. I guess it's quality not quantity that counts, but a little more quantity would be nice. ;)

Edited by kennyman