Lots of Crappie

Garry2Rs

I got out several times this past week and found a few more Crappie each trip

Today was sort of a break-through day!

The average size increased and some favourite spots that had been barren suddenly have fish.

If you have been holding back waiting for the fish to really start biting...wait no more...grin.

a gentleman in Bewdley said the crappie really congregate towards the docks in the warmer weather. We struck out last Saturday but might head up there again! Also what is up with the cheaper gas prices....us hamiltonians and Torontonians are getting slaughtered!@

Edited by FishinLunatic69

A lot of people struck-out opening weekend.

I think that the high water was holding back the weed growth.

My hot-spots were all empty too.

It got better everyday last week and Saturday we got 40, by casting to any old cabbage or other tall weeds we could see.

Most of them were good size fish, not the Dinks that were biting at the beginning of the week.

My nieghbour also found a good spot and boated forty, but lost one when a 40inch Musky took his bait and the Crappie that had eaten it...HAHAHA.

I am headed to the Hammer mid-week, what are you paying for gas?

The last two nights of zero celcius sure shut the crappie down in our area...one of the boats found some a little further out in the lake from our shore spots along with a bunch of bluegills...I told my bro-in-law that it was bad luck to bring a banana in his snack pak but did he listen...oh no...what does that crazy old beans know... :lol:

Ended finding half decent numbers, but only a few 'keeper' sized crappie today...not enough to really take home. The winds out there were brutal...even with the anchor dragging along AND the wind sock. Every time we'd find a spot with them, it would take 30 seconds to drift the area. Winds died down around 5pm and we caught a few more, but it was time to leave.....figures...LOL