Last Steelhead of the season for me

Paulus

Well, the responsibilities of parenthood trump pretty much everything else. One of my little guys is very sick and staying home and, since I'm on vacation until Thursday, well... you know the drill. This will teach me to book vacation for the trout opener!

I'm worried about my son, since his bout with the flu has lasted too long IMO, but hopefully things will turn around soon.

Anyway, I figured out what the steelies were rising for today. Got a few, but here are the two best pics.

Unless lady luck calls my numbers next weekend, I guess that's it till the fall. Enjoy!

PICT0037b.jpg

same fish, different angle...

PICT0034bcd.jpg

p.-

Edited by Paulus

I'm sure your kid will be fine... Just be sure to take him to the doctor.

I finally hooked into my 1st Steelhead!!!!!! Just waiting from "Floatman Mike" to finally POST IT.... since IT IS ON HIS PHONE!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Now I understand why Steelheader's look forward to the run!! The rush is amazing on Float Tackle!! :D

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

You sure take some beautiful pictures! and for some reason all the fish you catch seems to be quite clean/good-looking as well!

Thanks for posting, hopefully your son will get better soon!

I wouldn't say "all" the fish I catch or take pictures of are clean! I'm just selective in what I post. For example, here's another one I recently caught. I call her the "warrior princess" ... for obvious reasons. It's incredible the beating that some of these fish take, and survive from.

Not so clean, is she! :D The other one has obviously had more time to recover, whereas the warrior princess is probably fresh off the redds and still has a few days to go before she can even have the energy to make her way back to the lake.

PICT0001.jpg

p.-

Edited by Paulus

thank-you for sharing this

the photo of the fish missing scales looks like it needs a loser-Cake caption about the wonders of rainbow fishing and the quest for solitude in a crowded setting. There is a great author on the Gray-Bruce sight who would be able to fill that role

That has to be to most beautiful shots of steel I've ever seen since I've joined this board and want to say thanks Paulus :thumbsup_anim:

Hopefully your little one will come around, get better and you'll be able to continue on....

Wishing him the very best and fastest recovery.... keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for sharing

Leechman