Fishing Cuba, Dominican Republic or Mexico?

graftongal

The fihsing off of Cuba and the Dominican is ususally alot slower then off of the better Mexico destinations. There is alot more commercial fishng off of the Dom and Cuba ( people gotta eat )\Try some of the various ports around the sea of cortez. Cabo san Lucas is always high on the list.

Costa Rica is VERY nice in Jan - Mar for weather, fishing and scenery!!

Cuba - Bad on the North shore, excellent on the south shore (look up Jardines de la Reina)

Dominican Republic - Probably not so good, only fished for small reef fish here.

Mexico - Excellent! Puerto Vallarta (Charter - http://primetimeadv.com/mexico_fishing.html & Cabo San Lucas (Billfish capital of the world)

Have fun planning your trip!

Tony

Edited by tonyb

I went Marlin fishing in Cabo san Lucas, Mexico.....only got 1 marlin but it was really windy and waves gallour. For excellent Marlin and Durado fishing try and pick a calm day if you can.....the fish feed near the surface and you can see the tail in the water. I know its hard to pick a calm day but if you can book a trip a few days in advance it might work out better for you as I booked mine like a good month or 2 in advance, this way you can get an idea of what the water will be like if you book a day or 2 in advance!

Edited by charlied

Two more Canadians shot in Mexico over the weekend! I'd think long and hard before I booked a trip there! Consider Barbados as an alternative... it's the island furtherest out in the Atlantic, of the Caribean chain and has access to all kinds of fishin.

HH

Did the Dominican years ago. At the time we caught lots of Baracuda, Wahoo and a few smaller swordfish, don't remember the cost as the company always paid. The swords hit on bait bounced on the surface from a box kite behind the boat, neat to watch as they broke the surface flying up out of the water while grabbing the offering.