No work today, TOOOOO COOOOLD!(NF)

express168

The boss called me on the cellphone this morning while picking up the crew with the crew truck and said to go home and not to bother coming into the yard as it is way too cold -32 celcius with windchill this morning at 5 :huh: . Not good temperatures to pour a concrete foundation. He told me to call him first thing in the morning for the next few days as the temperatures aren't supposed too be much better, alot of lost time in the winter. Oh well it gives some more time to work on getting that new business put together and hopefully have some warmer work days. For those of you in jobs that still have to be outside today, stay warm and be careful I really feel for you guys.

ALMOST TOO COLD TO BE DOIN ANYTHING OUT THERE!!!

BRAND NEW HOUSE ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME LOOKS LIKE IT CAME FROM A POLAR MOVIE SHOOT!!! WATER PIPES BURSTED (NO ONE LIVES IN IT YET) AND SHES FROZEN SOLID!! TOOK THEM 20MINS JUST TO GET IN THE DOOR!!!GUESS THEY'LL BE REPLACING ALL THOSE HARDWOOD FLOORS LOL

HOPE SHE WARMS UP ABIT FOR YA BRO!!! MUST BE COLD ON THE OUTSIDE!!!

(THANK GOD FOR CABBED MACHINES LOL)

I don't ever recall work being canceled because of the temperature. Thank goodness I was in the shop today though. I have worked (and fished!!) in -40 temps in the past though. It's not fun. When I fished in those temps, I recall the holes freezing over in about 10 seconds.

Got to work this morning and Had a machine with a frozen fuel line and pump,

a other with frozen batteries.

Remove the fuel line at the fuel rail. not frozen that far up. Spills all over hands.

Rookie says that must cold. Ha thats nothing, grab the small jerry can and start pouring.

Hose over filling all over hands. Repeat till pump push up the fuel. 3 hours.

ive been working every day up until last week when it got really cold and it looks like ill have most of this week off too. i love doing concrete work but hate it in the winter. its good for being able to put up with the cold though. should see the looks i get when i go out shopping or whatever in just a long sleeve shirt lol.

today an older lady says "my god, put a coat on or your going to catch a cold!" i couldnt help but laugh my ass off