Rapala Collection

holdfast

Ya Hoo, someone worse than me for collecting Fishing Gear says my wife. My best Buddy who I grew up with in Montreal, who I havent seen in a dozen years or so, but we still remain in contact, sent me these photos that I requested. When we last spoke he told me that he started collecting old and rare Rapalas, he does a lot of this E-Bay buying and selling which I thought was only Robert Bateman prints. Wow, was I surprised by these Pictures and he also is now starting to collect old Mitchell Reels He tells me that he might even be given a job as a Rapala Rep in BC. Anyways here's a few Pictures he sent.

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

He Says....

The one with the Jointed double Red head, There were only 1200 made for the European market, He has 4, They were made in Finland quite a few years ago...Try & find one today!!

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

His Mitchell collection

DSCN0225.jpg

Im sure hed love to hear from anyone who shares the same interest.

i think i found your collection down there and i brought it home with me to clean up!

im a big rapala fan, im up into the 60-70range and i love finding different and more rare lures, theres a place in down that has a whole bin full of those 100th anniversay lures for 2 for $10.50, dont seem much of a collectors lure if there that cheap and that many.