The brother's opener

kickingfrog

My brother and I have fished the trout opener for more years than we can or care to remember and this year was no different. Nothing to hard core for us. Just show up before daylight and fish a few hours, take some pictures and head home.

The weather man called for thunder storms and he was right. As soon as it was light enough out to see the clouds you could tell a system was coming.

I almost always fish hardware and my brother almost always float fishes. I had two fish on and landed before 6:15am, my brother had a few on right away but didn't land one until about 6:30am or so. All the while the thunder was rolin' in and the clouds were getting thicker. Rain was starting as my brother landed his fish and then the sky opened up and fell on us. I have seen weather like that before, but never on the trout opener or without a long hot humid stretch before hand. The other people that were fishing the river headed for the trees to wait out the storm. So my brother and I thought we would get a chance to hammer a few with a captive audience. Nothin'!

After about 20 minutes of hard rain it started to let up and finally stop. Shortly there after the river started to turn to chocolate milk and no fish were being raised. In the past we would have sat in out or found clearer water but life's a little busier for me now and I'm going to Algonquin next weekend so going home before lunch let alone dark only helps out at home.

After years of only film photos or none at all from my brother I knew this year would be different because I got him a digital camera for Christmas. Two fish later and a trip home and I find out that he only took one photo of my two fish. I guess I should have included a "how to" guide on paying back your brother for years of high quality picture taking. First I teach him to fish, now I have to teach him how to take pictures. lol

IMGP0033.jpg

IMGP3033.jpg