Opinions on Salmo Lures

MuskyGreenHorn

These lures are GARBAGE!!!!!!!

Know buddy should own one!!!!

But i'm willing to buy any you may have kicking around!!!!... Just to help you out!

But on a Real note..................I use them for ice fishing and i can say without a lie.......i can out fish you 10 to 1 with a chubby darter......and there are guys on this board that can back up that statement!

On lakers they slay!...perch they murder and whites....have not try'ed yet

We use to use williams and tube jiggs to catch lakes now its just darters.

So go out to the garage and look in your box and pm ...I'll buy all your Chubby Darters....just let me know.

I have many different lures, and the Salmo one are pretty nice. Small fat cranks work really well in the shallow Grand (small - medium bass, eye, pike, sheep, rock, silver bass) from July-August to October (after twisters). However, the Jaxon cranks are much better in the same fishing conditions. One bite on Salmo - 3-5 on Jaxon.

Unfortunately both Jaxon and Salmo have one big problem, the fin (wing) cracks very fast if you hit something underwater. Rapala (tried many) is not as good as those 2 brands. This review is related to lower Grand only. Different lakes or rivers need different lures. I think everyone knows that

Edited by spyder3g

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a large order of these (all the largest sizes for pike and muskie) and I have to say, these lures are some the the nicest looking and best designed lures, that I have ever laid my hard earned cash out for. I will post thist fall to report on how they stood up over the season and how many fish the catch me (I plan to fish the hell out of them on Lake of the Woods).

Guest Salmo
I have many different lures, and the Salmo one are pretty nice. Small fat cranks work really well in the shallow Grand (small - medium bass, eye, pike, sheep, rock, silver bass) from July-August to October (after twisters). However, the Jaxon cranks are much better in the same fishing conditions. One bite on Salmo - 3-5 on Jaxon.

Unfortunately both Jaxon and Salmo have one big problem, the fin (wing) cracks very fast if you hit something underwater. Rapala (tried many) is not as good as those 2 brands. This review is related to lower Grand only. Different lakes or rivers need different lures. I think everyone knows that

Thank you for constructive opinion, which is always very important for us. I think that problem with "lip's" in Salmo lures refer mainly to our big crankbaits like Salmo Whitefish in old models which are still somewhere available to buy. These are models which are not produced since five years. Now Salmo crankbaits have different "lip's" and their fixing in body is different. In that case it is almost impossible to damage "lip" in Salmo lures with "normal" useing now.

Of course if somebody cast the lure and the lure hit bridge or any wall directly, it can happen everything than :)

About comparison to Jaxon - the best way to compare is to fish on both brand same period of time at the same place. I believe that I know the winner :)

I know that everything depend on angler and his believe in lure. If somebody like any lure, of course he cast this lure most of time. So possibility to catch a fish is bigger than on another lure which is not in use :) At the end the trust for favorite lure is bigger and bigger from fish to fish caught on it.

Thank to you all for your opinion.

Salmo Poland

I've got two little Salmo cranks I picked up for trout awhile ago. The trout like them, the finish on them is tougher than any Rapala, and I've ground about 1/16" off the lip bumping wood & river rocks and it still works.

Definitely a notch above Cordell's & Rapala's.