Pigeon Lake -- Any Advice?

Weed edgeds in 7 to 13 feet of water for musky, Bass will be on the weed edges a little shallower. Smallmouth in the north end of the lake along the rocky shores and humps. Walleye can be in any and all of these locations. All the usual baits work. Sorry can't be more specific. I have lived on the lake for 6 years and still can't pin a definate pattern on them.

I'll be at Pigeon at the same time, end of July. Plenty of good fishing right out from Elim, if you can avoid being run over by waterskiers. Take some 1/8oz jigs and grubs for the kids and some spinnerbaits, rapalas and musky killers for hunting bass and musky. If you see a kayak around, come over and say Hi.

I'll be at Pigeon at the same time, end of July. Plenty of good fishing right out from Elim, if you can avoid being run over by waterskiers. Take some 1/8oz jigs and grubs for the kids and some spinnerbaits, rapalas and musky killers for hunting bass and musky. If you see a kayak around, come over and say Hi.

Hey I'll be in a 17 ft Legend.

I'll remember to look for you.

Thanks for the advice everyone -- I'll try to post any results.

Weed edgeds in 7 to 13 feet of water for musky, Bass will be on the weed edges a little shallower. Smallmouth in the north end of the lake along the rocky shores and humps. Walleye can be in any and all of these locations. All the usual baits work. Sorry can't be more specific. I have lived on the lake for 6 years and still can't pin a definate pattern on them.

Welcome to the club...we moved up here 16 May 2003...and don't get out of Tait's Bay very often with a 14 ft tinny (Tin of Beans) and a 4.4 hp Mercury unless it is damn near dead calm... :lol:

Hey Family,

I have been up on Pigeon for 12 years now. Awesome lake !

Never really target Pics and Bass all that much but have hauled in a Musky or two. :whistling:

Drop me a PM if you would like to "Hook-up" for a day of Musky Hunting.

Meely

Edited by Meely

I fished Pigeon a few times last year. Stayed at Camp Fisherman.

I really like this lake. Great depth range. Very shallow in the southern part, great for bass. I fished mostly in the mid-section on the western shore. There is a large stretch from 8 to 15 feet full of weeds. The northern section has deeper water and some good spots for musky.

I actually fished just around that lodge as well. Looked like a nice place. I'd suggest just heading West from that lodge, that is where that large weed bed is. Anway, there are a lot of good fishing opportunities there.

You can also head over to Buckhorn and Chemong (although I have not done that yet myself) if you wanted.

You should have a good time. I'll probably be back this year for a weekender.

Edited by adempsey