April 11, 2009, still plenty of ice!

brkygetr

As its the long weekend and I got 4 days off thought I would make the best of it. Was out yesterday and worked hard all day to come back with nothin...I really hate when that happens. Talked to 3 other groups of guys on the lake I was at and between a total of 14 fishermen only 3 fish were on the ice by 3 pm..So i didn't feel so bad about comin home empty.

Woke up today for the routine bacon and eggs and contemplated the plan. By noon myself and my counterparts (girlfriend, and dog) were off to see how far the bush roads were open. Made it far enough to unlolad the sled and hit up a wee lake. Trail in had some melted sections, but was ok for most of the 1.5 clicks.

Anyway long story short lost a monster... <_< and iced this one for dinner tommorrow night...

By the way still almost 3 ft of ice on the lakes.

april1109002.jpg

3 ft of ice eh damm thats alright ,nice fish and pup ,how ya making out with that boat of yours any progress

Boat will not be in progress till at least June when the ground is good and dry. I thinkin it will be 2 months after that before she is done.

LOL...replied to your post 'Day 2 same lake' and thought where's day 1 post...found it...dont know how i missed it yesterday...anyways....i had a similar day last week, loads of big trout on sonar....could not get them to bite anything...couple of them gave the bait a lick...that was it....like yourself we had to work real hard...i got bored...and you know me...always trying for whitefish...put on a micro tube and hooked a small 1lber 5 feet below the ice...lol.

I neva knew you had a puppy...love goldns...should've brought her with you those times we went.

dunno if we are gonna get the chance to icefish again this year dale...so i just wanna say thanks for showing me some new lakes, had a blast every time we went out....we'll hit the softwater together soon i hope.......

Cheers mate.....

still a good couple weeks of icefishing left i hope.

Simon

Soft water for sure Simon..I can't wait for the ice out Brookies...I'll let ya know the day I am goiing...it will be last minute for sure. As a side note made it out tonight for the 3rd walleye fish of the ice season and came home with 4 at 16-17"....gotta love last day adventures....

I'd add a pic but it's only the sink shot and that don't do it justice!

Dale