Well Earned Chromers with JDMLS and Kemper

kemper

My legs hurt, my elbow is the size of a grapefruit and I am two minutes from crashing hard.

That said, it was a great day on the water.

Dave (JDMLS) and I headed out at the crack of dark this morning for another chrome mission. We had good word about a river and headed there first only to not hit anything until the sun was well up. Seems to be a trend, I say we stop heading out so dang early and let the fish wake up.

Picked up a couple at river number one... it was a mixed bag for Dave with a Brown (he will be back) a bow, and a sucker.

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

I have more shots of trib 1 but I have to edit them before I post them, and for some reason my photobucket account isnt recognizing that they have been changed.

Option number two was close, but after 5 drifts we gave it up. Too murky and we had another option in mind so off we went to number 3.

Came out with these beauties... good call on this river.

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

After that little bit of fun we decided hit another river that didnt give up any fish... which I am still blown away by! And so are my knees after that climb back up the hill...

Decided to finish the day off back at the first river we hit, its been good to us later in the day this spring and today was no exception.

Float down and Dave is into a fish and its.... its a brown. Hey Dave, you caught that one already. Beauty.

Same fish, same hole, same nuclear green roe bag. What a smart trout.

And not too long after that he hooks up again with this fish that was by FAR the most epic battle of the day and probably of the season. Fish wasnt huge but it was square. All muscle and tail and just went wherever it wanted too. Good work out for the new stick, Im impressed that you turned that thing from so far away. Nice fish bud.

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

I proceeded to get a fish on, and a fish off then finished the day off in style!

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

All in all, it was a good day. We got our fish but covered alot of ground for them. I will get those other pictures up once I get the landmark edited out. If you know where we were good for you, keep it to yourself.

Thanks for a good day on the water bud.

Edited by kemper

Is the coloured line on the float reels just for show.....to look cool....or is there some reason you use it?

Just curious.

Nice fish.

Sinker

The orange is just fly line backing, I hope to never get into it because its not tied on too well. lol

There is lots of high vis mainline for float fishing though. I used it for a while but I have switched over to a less visible kind now. It helps you to see what it is doing on the water so you can mend it, and also I guess helps with the issue of loogans crossing your line.

That's an absolutely awesome report well done to all of you, the fish are prime species as well. With all these chrome reports you're doing a great sales job, each additional one makes me feel like its something I can't live without, next year they could definitely be on the hit list I'm starting to feel a slight itch that will probably grow throughout the year.

Hey boys, good stuff.

You should have cut out the bridge pic though....trib one was a ZOO this morning and I guessing that shot had something to do with it. Anyway, it's a zoo all the time these days!

The HI VIS line thing isn't to look cool at all. I use it exclusively for mending and avoiding obstructions while fighting fish....especialy on larger flows. There are alot of old schoolers out there that think hi vis line is for kids, and flouro leaders are overkill.....I've been floating for 25 years (makes me an old schooler I would say) and I am willing to try ANYTHING before I decide if it's good or bad.

Being able to see the line on the water helps to know when and how much to mend specifically when you are fishing an outside seam. This line has also saved me countelss fish from scraping me off on sharp rocks, tree limbs etc......

That reel color, perhaps is about looking cool........but it's a cool looking reel isn't it ? a little loud for me but kinda neat alll the same.

My Kingpin is a special color BLOOD red, deep and rich looking. Normally I run black reels but the color selection KINGPIN offers is simply un-matched......I'l get some pics soon..... (without bridges and stuff!)

Cheers

RR

Nice fish! :thumbsup_anim:

I assume the pics with tourney signage are on their way, right? :oops:

The fish I put the tape and signage on was an inch short of the best GL trout for our team, so no go this time.

Dont worry, Ill be out again.

NICE FISH GUYS.

MY POOR LITTLE CREEK HAS NOW TURNED INTO WORSE THEN THE GANNY.

CREEK THAT SMALL CANT HANDLE THE PRESSURE IT GETS NOW. LETS SAY BYE BYE TO THAT FISHERY IN A FEW YRS.

NICE BROWN.

I THINK THE REEL LOOKS GREAT.

WHO WANTS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS GOT.

ALWAYS GOOD TO BE DIFFERENT.

Copper I feel ya. I remember fishin that creek as a kid with my dad. Never ANYONE else there. Even three seasons ago I fished it alone most days.

I actually didnt realize that the bridge was in that picture, I left out 4 others because of the bridge in the background.

Hey guys I don't think the specific picture of the bridge was that much of an impact, I mean unless you're a local and know what that bridge looks like (like me) it won't do you much good. Even if you're a local, your prolly know about the bridge anways. I'm good enough with google that I can find most of the 'producing' tribs around cities in Ontario if I really wanted to.

That being said, the internet definitely facilitates the flow of information and that does impact spots. I mean, a spot close to a major city, with good fish ... sooner or later it's gonna get filled, it's just that the net makes it quicker. We should just be glad we have hundreds of thousands of other lakes and bodies of water to fish from in Ontario!

As bad as Lake O is, at least we're a few hrs drive away from glorious pristine and untouched fishing anywhere in our province, isn't that the truth? I love this province / country, so many beautiful resources with so few people on it, enjoy while it lasts! Sooner or later I have a feeling someone else is gonna feel entitled to this land, after all the last time that happened wasn't too many generations ago!

Awesome day on the water dude.... Thanks for all the positive comments on the reel. It is quite photogenic :D I have been looking for a reel outside of the box for quite a while. Thank god for the new stick , I would have had no shot against that brute of a male with the St.Croix !!!I must say the 1601 has proven itself quite well in the last few outings, but this was its best match thus far....

Rat, sorry if my 1 picture posted at 11pm ruined your whole days fishing the next day :blush: The balmy 9C sunny weather couldn't of had anything to do with the crowds on thursday :dunno: ... We had it to ourselves all day Wednesday. Sometimes it pays to stick it out in :asshat: weather conditions....

Sinker, I use High vis cause I am as color blind as a 10 year old St.Bernard and I can't see regular mono if my life depended on it.... To tell you the truth, I don't like the way it looks on the reel at all.

Scott, I just hope guys can appreciate a creek of that caliber, and practice C&R....

Thanks to all for the postive reply's

Dave

Awesome day on the water dude.... Thanks for all the positive comments on the reel. It is quite photogenic :D I have been looking for a reel outside of the box for quite a while. Thank god for the new stick , I would have had no shot against that brute of a male with the St.Croix !!!I must say the 1601 has proven itself quite well in the last few outings, but this was its best match thus far....

Rat, sorry if my 1 picture posted at 11pm ruined your whole days fishing the next day :blush: The balmy 9C sunny weather couldn't of had anything to do with the crowds on thursday :dunno: ... We had it to ourselves all day Wednesday. Sometimes it pays to stick it out in :asshat: weather conditions....

Sinker, I use High vis cause I am as color blind as a 10 year old St.Bernard and I can't see regular mono if my life depended on it.... To tell you the truth, I don't like the way it looks on the reel at all.

Scott, I just hope guys can appreciate a creek of that caliber, and practice C&R....

Thanks to all for the postive reply's

Dave

I saw 4 hens, 2 of them in the +10lb category get carried out on kill chains by two guys while I was there last night.

That creek is in trouble