Best 10-12 ft Jon Boat?

Minnow

Hey Guys,

I was looking at purchasing a Jon boat for fishing small lakes and camping, I was looking for a 10-12 ft size boat so that I can put it in the back bed of my pick up truck as well as light enough to carry. I was looking at tracker jon boats at bass pro and the 1032 model goes for $750, I am not looking to spend more then $1000 after taxes and was wondering if anyone knows any other good jon boats for this price. If anyone has a jon boat this size and could put up some pictures of their setups it would be great!

Thanks

Hi there I'm usually a lurker, but my buddy and I have the 1232 from bass pro shop.

We were thinking about getting the 10 fter, but the salesman said most people that get the 10 wished that they had gone for the 12.

This boat is very light and also fairly tippsy, def no standing up.

For what it is, it does the job and you can certainly load the thing down with gear.

Pretty much any low hp motor would work 0n it, it is rated for a max of 6.5 hp, we once tried a 15hp on it and it flew!

Looking back, we'd probably go for a 12ft v hull for more stabilility.

I wonder how this thing will hold up after 5 years or so of use, it's a pretty thin gauge aluminum,

its on its second year now and is looking pretty beat up, if it matters the paint sucks on them,

but I guess with all things you get what you pay for.

Overall we're happy with it for the price .

Edited by dyson

i've had a 10' princecraft jon boat for about 8-9 years, AWESOME, great investment, use it for tough to get to lakes and for hauling with the quad, i paid $700 used, 2years old but looked spankin, i've seen them sold here the past few years brand new for around $600, i think it was on sale though, not sure

floats in very little water even when well loaded, (onle a few inches) great for jumping beaver dams, 98lbs, handles on back and one in front, i've went from a trolling motor/paddle to a 2hp to an 8 hp and am now using a 15hp, definately not rated for that but it handles it like a champ, not the most comfortable thing, (low seats) but handles a good load, have put 2 guys, 15hp motor, full gas tank, battery, tackle, and cooler without worries,

have paddled a 800lbs bull moose across a lake in it, sitting on the moose because it took up the whole boat,

you wont regret it, wish i had bought one earlier,

PS if u put a big motor on it slack off on corners (tight rivers) the boat does not lean, it turns

I have the unit for you :D ,PVC 9'6" with a 55" beam and a double hull with a tri-hull bottom,split rear bench rated for 5hp.You can stand and move around in it,the most important thing on a small boat is beam with a wide bottom for lateral stability.