Fishing regarding Zone17?

rbaquial

Hey Guys/Gals,

I was just curious... if you're fishing (say out of season; like in April) for typical fish in Zone17 - are there fish you CAN CATCH that AREN'T LISTED in the REG's? And ARE LEGAL to catch? IE: Suckers?

I've checked the reg's - and noticed Suckers aren't listed - are there ANY OTHER SPECIES you CAN CATCH?

Thanks in Advance,

RoB

In Zone 17 it is closed to angling for all fish species from Jan. 1 - Fri. before 4th Sat. in Apr. & Nov. 16 - Dec. 31. with only a few exceptions. (see regs.)

Simply put: If your fishing in Zone 17 at this time of year you will be charged if caught, unless you are in an area that is an exception.(very few places)

In Zone 17 it is closed to angling for all fish species from Jan. 1 - Fri. before 4th Sat. in Apr. & Nov. 16 - Dec. 31. with only a few exceptions. (see regs.)

Simply put: If your fishing in Zone 17 at this time of year you will be charged if caught, unless you are in an area that is an exception.(very few places)

Yeah, that I understand... But what I was asking was about 'Suckers', being they aren't mentioned in regs?

Yes, you asked about suckers, but aside from the exceptions as mentioned above, go check the dictionary for CLOSED. No fishing allowed regardless if the specie is not mentioned. Suckers, catfish and other "rough" fish are not mentioned in zone specific areas because there is no closed season on them, but CLOSED means NO FISHING to everything.