Quinte Anyone Interested in a day trip??

Gerritt

If you guys are heading to Desoronto please be carefull of the ice.There is alot of current by the bridge and the ice can be 8 inches in one spot and 3 in another.Good luck to all.I might have to see if I can make it down there Saturday.

For Huts......Give Sam a call at .....'Cara Outdoors'

or......................Ron at.................'Skevy's' both in Belleville, if anyone knows about huts availability it would be them.

Im considering putting together Clampetts 'Not a Kite' thingamabob!!!!!!!

This sounds like its going to be a blast folks.

We called both those places earlier in the week...they have no huts available for this weekend...and I believe they have waiting lists as well. Oh well!!

I spoke with Ron via telephone just after 6pm tonight.Wed.

....told that Desoronto lost quite a bit of ice due to the snow of late and they lost several inches of ice. ( the snow blankets the ice..end result is melt/shringage)

Ron also told me of a few hot spots he has of his own but that was as far as the whereabouts were discussed........maybe another time Ron.

Apparently the mouth of the Trent........On the BOQ 1/2 mile out from the mouth of the Trent River they are slamming them.....many fish but of no great size.

Fish were caught on small spoons and chubby darters...........w/minnows as backup.

This location is HWY 401 east...2nd exit just after the roadside macdonalds is , HWY 33 south into Trenton and on the east side of the river mouth there is FREE parking w/access to shore.

There are no huts available period....... except 50/50 in Picton where it was reported to be poor ice.

Ron told me that he is looking at an additional 3man hut tommorrow for purchase..if he likes , he buys and first caller to skevy's has first time slot if available at all.

What ya think Gerritt?????

I couldnt reach Sam..but I know he took on that rifle course(teaching of)...on the weekend.

Sounds good to me! a couple of us will be bringing up portables.... but there is one that I know is not (Troutologist) I think we should heed Skevys advice and stay off the ice in deseronto in light of this info... I am trying to get one more person to fill my truck... perhaps that will get you the third person to share the hut with? unless Cliff and Bly are interested in take it with you... I dont know... All I know is I will be there!! LOL... we can either meet @ Sams or Skevys for around 7am and take off from there? I just want to get on some safe Ice and put a couple small eyes in my fryer :D Heck I'll even take a feed of Perch.. I aint picky! LOL

What do you think? Your the resident there, we are the tourists.... Tell Skevy if he is willing to divulged a spot or two I'll buy an extra scoop of Minnows!! LOL

My thought is go to the guy that is gonna help give you a bit of advice and possibly put you on some fish! Looks like Skevy is that guy... as Sam is busy (understandable) and wont be around anyways...Had he of been he said he would come out and fish with us.. Great guy!

So it looks like we may meet @ Skevys and head out from there... thanks for the heads up brother... you still in?

Gerritt.

Snady, pretty much our plan is to meet @ Skevys for 7am ish... then decide where were heading after that... seems things are changing daily there... perhaps after talking to him we can come up with a good plan of action... wouldnt hurt to fill up on bait there too and whatever hot baits seem to be working...

Is that cool with you guys?

Gerritt.

I am trying to get one more person to fill my truck... perhaps that will get you the third person to share the hut with? unless Cliff and Bly are interested in take it with you... I dont know...

After we couldn't book a hut there, we made alternate plans for ice fishing on Scugog. Hopefully we can attend another mini get together in the future! Thanks for organizing this one Gerritt...much appreciated...even if we cant make it.

Cliff

OK Gerritt, I'll be comming for sure.

I'll meet up with you folk in Beleville for the minnow purchase gathering before we head out.

I'm off work most likely the rest of the week due to the weather so today Im going to head down to the BOQ and have a looksee and then over to Skevy's and most likely Cara as well....hopefully I'll run into a few of their ice informers and see what exactly the eye's are biting on.

Im hoping to be bringing the family out with me.....I dunno, w/out a hut the wife will be if'y,

My stepdaughter, (Lil'Brick) will be a foresure anyway.

Peter

Edited by brickNblock