Niagra First Time?

musky66

A buddy and I may be heading down to Queenston on Sunday- first time there for both of us. I think we will just try to woek the Queenston drift and stay out of everyones way. I need a place to pick up some tackle as we are not set up for this. I think I'm looking for Slinkee's and weights, hooks and roe. Were in the Keswick, Newmarket area so I may need to hit a place up closer to the Niagra- any suggestions for a tackle store?

If you zip off the highway at St Catharines you can stop quick at Pete's Tackle, they will have everything you need and some good advice as well. It is not far off of the highway, only takes a minute.

Good Luck

Call Denis at Fishin Niagara....the guy lives fishing and his store is rite on the water...meaning up to date conditions. Peter's is a good option to but I perfer to get my things from a guy that is always on the water and he can produce for you.

Grimsby Tackle is normally my store I go to, but their stock is down due to selling most of it at the Sportsman Show. Petes is probably your best bet, always has the setups needed for the Niagara. I just forget how to get there, all I remember is taking the Ontario St exit in St.Kits. Good luck man.

For Pete's in St Catharines travel the QEW to Lake ST exit. Turn right on Lake and continue north to Secord DR (stoplite) then turn right and watch for store in strip mall on your left. About 300m from the stoplite - #22. However, with all this rain you may want to reconsider travelling the distance - river may be mud. Might be better to wait for a week. The ice boom at Ft Erie has also been removed (so I've heard). Don't know what the ice floe condition in the lower will be!!!