Canada's largest outdoor show changes venue to Metro Convention Centre in 2010

TJQ

I just got this and thought it was interesting!!

------------------------

Canada's largest outdoor show changes venue to Metro Convention Centre in 2010

The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters, a major participant in the Toronto Sportsmen's Show (T.S.S.), is pleased with the announcement that the event will be hosted at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in 2010.

"We are proud to be a part of the Toronto Sportsmen's Show, the largest outdoor event of its kind in Canada, and we couldn't be more pleased to be moving with the show to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre," said Mike Reader, O.F.A.H. Executive Director. "The new venue offers a central location, easy transit access, ample parking and the opportunity to expand. It's a great move."

I've been going to the Sportsman's show for about 25 years and will miss the "old" building. I still remember my first trip with my dad. I bet my eyes bugged right out of my head when I saw all that tackle for the first time.

I attend a conference every summer at the convention centre, and while there are some pros I see some cons as well. It won't be the same, but what is?

There will be more parking options ,IE price, but less spots. Since there will be more access to public transit maybe less spots will be needed.

I wonder how some people from "out of town" will feel about having to make their way into the heart of T.O.?

I also wonder what the vendors will have to say about this change of venue?

My 2 cents.

As an out-of-towner...i much prefer it. Just park in Oshawa, and hop on the GO. Makes my life a lot easier. Also gives me a reason to stop at Gagnon's on teh way lol.

I know the sportsman show "powers that be" weren't thrilled about the gun law the city passed. Almost right away i think they found a way to get what they want while showing the city they don't agree with the ban.

-Dave

As an out of towner, this is good news. My wife and children are mildly interested in this and would rather do other stuff. We were in Toronto on the weekend and the famiyl took in Medieval Times. They found it quite exciting. I however did the show and had a nice time. Would like to go again next summer and stay downtown. Less driving.

But you know what, we used a GPS for the first time and I was quite impressed. Much less stress while driving the freeways and getting to the venues. Dont have to worry about the signs etc.

This makes about as much sense as hosting a wheelchair basketball tourney on top of the Matterhorn.

I had to go to the MCC for the first time this January, and drove our Yukon XL so that my staff could work together en route. It's not as though our truck is lifted or anything, just a stock GM 4x4...but the Centre's parking facilities don't have enough clearance. This meant I had to try finding room in one of the packed surface lots. Spots are sized for Civics, so our truck had to take up 2...which was $20 for an hour and a half. I was shocked to find out that smaller vehicles were expected to leave their keys for the lot jockeys to play with. Nooooo, thank you.

Don't think we'll be wasting $100 to see what other "improvements" spring from this brilliance. The $$ will be much better spent attending extra master classes at the Spring Fishing & Boat Show.