Fresh Chrome

silverstreak

When the fishing becomes slow sometimes the best thing to do is switch things up a bit.

Not much happening on the float gear so switched over to a # 2 Riverwood spinner and was soon into a chunk of steel.

Fish smacked the spinner hard but pinching the barbs down on the hook always makes for an easy release.

Cheers.

IMG_0749_1.jpg

Beautiful piece of steel there. I looooove tossing spinners for steelhead. The way they smash them is unreal - Definitely no mistaking a hit...Almost like hooking into a solid snag and suddenly having it go ballistic at warp speed.

Beautiful piece of steel there. I looooove tossing spinners for steelhead. The way they smash them is unreal - Definitely no mistaking a hit...Almost like hooking into a solid snag and suddenly having it go ballistic at warp speed.

You can say that again.. I can't wait for warmer temperatures, and clearer water.. oh and free time too..

btw.. nice fish!

Looks like a Mepps to me...

Can’t go wrong with French blade spinners. Almost all the spinners I regularly use and keep in my bag are made with French blades in various colours. Here are about half of the ones I use…My dad has the other half in his vest.

P1030249.jpg

I made my own spinners almost identical to the Riverwood spinners out of necessity for fishing long, deeper runs and pools (2 top left spinners in the pic). The brass body gets the spinner down and keeps it down – They don't tend to ride to the surface like some other spinners do in faster conditions. Those Riverwood spinners do look like they’re going to be great fish producers.

MJL, that's pretty cool man. I really like the sonic blades on the Panther Martins. I can really slow down my retrieve without them sinking to the bottom. I should probably look into picking up a kit, and stop wasting $$$ at BPS :)