Ok you river guys

misfish

First off,dont think Im a newby at the river thang.Done it for many years ,way back when.

Heres my ?

These power berkley worms?????????????????? Do they work????????????

Im a roe and single egg drifter river guy.Just asking to see whats new and what not to use. I seen some of those jigs that Kempers been making.Just didnt appeal to me.Guess Im just too old school.

Thanks.

I did stop by BPS today,what a school infested kid day.I forgot it was the March break. It was nice to see all the kids smiling and saying can we buy this and that and how do you use that dad.LOL

No real deals IMO,but did grab some Raven floats and split wieghts and some new line for the river.Had a look at the float reels,but I figured I can catch fish with my 83, Cardinal 3 just the same.

Dont anyone say it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know the words,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just dont say it.

Edited by misfish

Dont anyone say it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know the words,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just dont say it.

You..............are..............now..............officially............A STEELHEADER!

:D

(Everything has it's time and place but roe will still consistently outfish all)

Not an expert Brian. But the pinkies do work. I do have way more confidence in the steelie jigs though. Last year I did awesome on them. It was the first year I gave them a real honest try and I was pleasantly surprised. I also really like the fact that the more I use jigs the less roe I use..which of course means less fish kept for spawn. Not to mention less tying roe bags. It's a win /win in my opinion.

The eastern tribs I fish seem to have a pretty common pattern. Roe at first light until 8-8:30ish...or when the bite slows. Then switch over to jigs. I find jigs work awesome mid morning to mid afternoon. Then back to roe to fish the end of the day.

I have the most confidence in black, black/purple, black/chartruese. I know the lighter brighter colours work. The conditions I tend to get out on seem to favor the dark colors though.

Hoping to hit a trib tomorrow after work for my first 2009 STEEL.

bubble gum worms work great, pink isnt the only colour that works, orange, chartruse, and orange with a chartruse tinge work real well. Dont rule out single cheese eggs. I find that when the bite slows down, switch to a single cheese egg and lethargic fish will move to hit it.

and never forget about floating flies, egg sucking leeches, wolly buggers and flying ants work great in the mid afternoon sun when the fish tend to hide.

mike

wolly buggers

Used them and nymths and other tted bugs types and done well.

Thanks for replies.

Just one more ?.Are the worms out yet? LOL

I,ll be out Saturday to see whats up.

OMG, I just may have a fishing report GCD. :o Hope I dont forget the camera. :P

Solo

You..............are..............now..............officially............A STEELHEADER!

NO IM NOT.Im just an around angler.LMAO

Edited by misfish

The only way to will build your confidence in pinkies is by leaving the roe at home for an outing or two...I know its hard but due it !!!..within 5-10 drifts the aggresive fish will strike a pinky. If not move on... I have done it time and time again, slinging roe bags for an hour straight with nothing, then first drift with a pinky and WAM .... LEAVE THE STINK AT HOME, it will pay off.

ME and the boys didn't tie one roe bag for the whole month of November in the fall...

I distinctly remember one day with Dave and the boys and they all did well not using roe.

Although I am still ticked that hook straightened out on that pink riverwood jig!!!

I think switching it up really does the trick. I think the first drift with that stupid pink jig led to a fish for me, after 10-15 drifts with roe and not a sniff.

I was at bps and didn't see them.. where were they? I need about 10 packs.

No kidding!

me and dave were talkin about custom pouring the damm things.

I thought I had an in for cheaper bags...until his shop got shut down and he was arrested for cocaine and guns...

I was at bps and didn't see them.. where were they? I need about 10 packs.

Second isle to the left of the reel cases, right by all the tackle boxes, just before the flyshop :)

All kinds of Gulp/Powerbait worms there...

Hey guy great info, I've always woundered about the pink worms myself, as for the jigs I've seen some nice catches posted using the jigs and was woundering if someone could give me the pattern or direct me to a site where I can find it, so I can tie a few up?

Hey guy great info, I've always woundered about the pink worms myself, as for the jigs I've seen some nice catches posted using the jigs and was woundering if someone could give me the pattern or direct me to a site where I can find it, so I can tie a few up?

I posted a step by step to tie them a while back...but I am absolutely useless with the search function so give it a shot maybe you will have more luck than me

it was called something like steelhead jigs how to....or step by step or something like that

Guest gbfisher

Just as you know there are NO FISH IN SIMCOE!!....Them Pink or white or what ever color worms yer thinkin of Don't Work either...... :)

Lots of talk Brian....how bout some fishin dude!!

:Gonefishing:

I posted a step by step to tie them a while back...but I am absolutely useless with the search function so give it a shot maybe you will have more luck than me

it was called something like steelhead jigs how to....or step by step or something like that

Found it, thanks. Looks easy.

Just as you know there are NO FISH IN SIMCOE!!....Them Pink or white or what ever color worms yer thinkin of Don't Work either...... :)

Lots of talk Brian....how bout some fishin dude!!

:Gonefishing:

Say when GB.

I just got to change up rods and respool.Ready to go. ;):D