May Long Weekend

Governator

So my buddy and I just started fishing last summer, we're totally going crazy having not fished in months (I'm not too confident with ice). The long weekend is May 16-18, just after Pike Season opens. So we're pretty excited to do a camping/fishing trip targetting mainly pike and perhaps walleye for some shore lunch (which btw we've never caught lol).

We only got a zodiac, so a large lake isn't ideal at all for us, but we're very interested in finding a place we could setup camp next to some water and drop in the boat anytime. Maybe some crown land or a place we could just camp out privately.

I was kind of thinking Temagami or perhaps in Algonquin but we don't really know where we'd be going, does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on where we could go? We've never been fishing up north, I'm in Barrie and he's in Aurora and we don't mind driving upwards of 4hrs for a weekend away.

So uhmm... help pleeease :)

Edited by Governator

check the Provincialpark website for ideas and whats species of fish are avialable .

If you don't have a motor for the zodiac you will be limited on how much water you can cover .

Restoule , Grundy come to mind as options.

many of the parks have an alchohol ban on long weekends as well .

start planning now and bring the bug spray !

TB

check the Provincialpark website for ideas and whats species of fish are avialable .

If you don't have a motor for the zodiac you will be limited on how much water you can cover .

Restoule , Grundy come to mind as options.

many of the parks have an alchohol ban on long weekends as well .

start planning now and bring the bug spray !

TB

Hey Thanks for the input, definitely starting to plan now that's why I brought it up here. We have a small 2HP motor on it (oh yea we fly hehe). We've used it on small lakes many times and even cooks bay a few, although the windy days on cooks is not fun.

Would you guys suggest Algonquin over Temagami?

CHeers

Another good option might be some of the smaller inland lakes on Manitoulin. Camping spots around resorts should be available easily & you can get good access to pike/walleye/bass waters. A google search on manitoulin lodges/resorts will flood you with information, if you wanna give it a try.

Os

Book Early. Provincial parks fill up fast. Most usually have a certain amount of available campsites for non reservations.

I think you should try coles point just north of campbellford. It is a good party and it is off of lake seymore. You are close to bradleys bay as well as healys falls. I go there atleast once a year.(usually bass season) The pike fishing around there is great because they over stocked it with pike years ago by accident.

Jakey

Thanks everyone, lots of help.

I think you should try coles point just north of campbellford. It is a good party and it is off of lake seymore. You are close to bradleys bay as well as healys falls. I go there atleast once a year.(usually bass season) The pike fishing around there is great because they over stocked it with pike years ago by accident.

Jakey

Thanks Jakey, it looks pretty good. Their website looks like it's for cottage rentals, do they have a campground?