Simcoe Saturday

kickingfrog

I had a few hours to myself today, and wanted to get out for what maybe my last trip on the ice until next winter. Rubber boots and cleats made the walk easy and dry. First spot: 95 feet, marked many fish, some interested, but no takers. Walk out a bit to 110 feet, one fish marked. Walk back in a ways, 100 feet, marked lots of fish, still no takers. It started to rain at about 1:40pm and after about 30 minutes of that I figured I'd go home and maybe score enough points that I can go back out on Sunday for half a day.

18 inches of solid ice , but it was movin' around a bit. I guess we'll see what this rain does, maybe it's time to break-out the long rods and waders.

yup.....above zero with rain, and up to 12 degrees by Wednesday smaller lakes are comming apart quickly.

I was at belwood lake Friday with a good 16-18" of ice but the shore was more like 4" with open spots, by yesterday the shore was open 15-20'...only way on or off was by boat. Today she was open 30' in spots and the ice out deep looked really sketchy.

I think some smaller lakes will be done for the season by mid week.

Oh well bring on spring! :P