canadian tire

Terry

so 3hp 10" auger..half price..what a deal

let me set it up

I was about to buy a new 10" drill my 29 year old power head was working OK, but they wanted over 200 buck for just the drill part..yeah

so I was not going to buy

but comes CTC the will sell me everything for Sale: $274.99

Reg: $549.99

1/2 Price

look it up..newmarket has them in stock along with icefishing stuff half price

get there go to fishing dept. can't find them...sales person tells me look in seasonal section..ok

nope ask another he talks on his head set...aisle 31 thanks

nope it's the fishing aisle but no aguer

again..aisle 31...can you just check your stock and get me one

OK....oh...none in stock........checks other stores none close enough to drive to

oh well..I will buy the half price icefishing crap....

where is it

can't find it

it must be somewhere

only the stuff on the shelves are half price, but they have removed it alland put summer fishing lures up....not an ice fishing lure to be had...

why do we put up with this crap from them.........

ok I feel better no

Edited by Terry

I've run into this problem too many times with CTC. The last one being when they had their hunting sale. Not a freakin thing in the department, although the stuff I was after was in stock five minutes earlier on the site.

I went right to the top and went so far as to mention the misrepresentation of the company and that it was an illegal. They told me to contact the owner of the store here. Of course I never got a return call. What a joke. If I ran my business like that I would be under so fast it would be unbelievable. CTC is becoming more and more just another box store that offers a bunch of nothing, just like the rest of them. Too bad, I used to really enjoy going there. In the last couple of years, not so much. More of a pain in the butt than anything.

I managed to get a 8" for $224 last night. I checked inventory on line first at home got there nothing was out, all the ice fishing stuff had been put away. I explained the situation to the kid working there he goes into the back storage room and returns about 5 minutes later with a brand new in the box Jiffy Ice auger. Now I'm already looking forward to next winter!

Now Terry...we all agreed we wouldn't have this tantrum over a CLEARANCE sale! lol

Like George .. all I did last year was ask as the power augers are always in the warehouse... other than the display.

You want me to hit the Midland store and see if they still have one? Shows the Stealth STX 10" in stock and the Jiffy 30 10" in stock as of yesterday.

Guest skeeter99
so 3hp 10" auger..half price..what a deal

let me set it up

I was about to buy a new 10" drill my 29 year old power head was working OK, but they wanted over 200 buck for just the drill part..yeah

so I was not going to buy

but comes CTC the will sell me everything for Sale: $274.99

Reg: $549.99

1/2 Price

look it up..newmarket has them in stock along with icefishing stuff half price

get there go to fishing dept. can't find them...sales person tells me look in seasonal section..ok

nope ask another he talks on his head set...aisle 31 thanks

nope it's the fishing aisle but no aguer

again..aisle 31...can you just check your stock and get me one

OK....oh...none in stock........checks other stores none close enough to drive to

oh well..I will buy the half price icefishing crap....

where is it

can't find it

it must be somewhere

only the stuff on the shelves are half price, but they have removed it alland put summer fishing lures up....not an ice fishing lure to be had...

why do we put up with this crap from them.........

ok I feel better no

that is why you should have gone as soon as you got the flyer!!!

at all ctc stores the sale price for saturday is put on the items usually around lunchtime the day before the sale starts

everyone I know knows about this and goes for staurday sale stuff on friday and are never dissapointed

and even if the price has not been marked down ctc give you 14 days for price adjustment

so buy it at full price and go back and get your money back

wal mart/home depot have a 30 day price guarantee along with many other major retailers

Edited by skeeter99

Well Terry......

You're the proud popa of a brand new 3HP Jiffy 30 x 10" auger

3hpauger001.jpg

3hpauger002.jpg

Took some work.. and me going right into the warehouse myself.. and borrowing a gas cap and handle from elsewhere... but it's done. Now if anyone else goes there to buy the 3HP - 8" be forewarned.... it's handleless ! lol

Now for all the na-sayers... did ya wanna give me your shopping list for next March??? :D

Edited by irishfield

Got suckered by CT - YET ONCE AGAIN!!

Saw the flyer last night & got tempted by "fishfinders 1/2 price". Got to the Cedarbrea CT barely minutes after opening & went straight to the fishing section. All finders are under lock & key, so the mission was to find someone to open the display cabinet (took 25 minutes - don't ask me how). Off-the cuff answer: "no fishfinders on sale!". Well, after showing thim the flyer, and pointing to one solitary sign announcing one finder on sale at half price, the guy decides to look into it. I needed a portable one, so we start searching for one. 1st, not on sale: 2nd, not on sale: 3rd, not on sale. Probably the guy started feeling sorry for me and offered to look for one he thought might be on sale. Answer, ten minutes later, "out of stock". Check other stores: no store in Ontario has one!! Go figure!

Just like Terry, feel better now - but only slightly, though.

Os

As of 20 minutes ago, Pickering Parkway store had a 3HP Jiffy in 8" (new in sealed box so hope it has the handle and gas cap). If you want it call ahead and have them hold it. (905) 686-2308.

Guess if I was as nice as Wayne I'd pick it up and hold it for you... :o

LOL

Wayne got me one, so I am good

I don't need two

that's all I need, ten people getting them for me ....LOL

Don't tell me that I bought you one from the Gatineau store and it's for nothing :w00t: :w00t:

I ain't too pleased about that bud :devil:

JOKING hahahaha!!!!!

Good on wayne for getting you one Terry :clapping::thumbsup_anim: