Three day Simcoe adventure *PICS*

I have a 4 day weekend, how awesome! I got to fish 3 of them and my girlfriend isnt mad, how awesome!

Thursday... she even joined me, how awesome!

I was such a nice day, warm, calm winds, partly sunny, how could we say no?

We headed out to Simcoe in search of some Lac Truite. We got there at about 745 and walked out to 92 feet, we set up shop, fished for an hour, only marked 3 fish, moved out further. We got into 95 feet and there were fish on the bottom right away. I drop down a Williams spoon and get some interest, but no takers. Dropped down a white tube and immediately an aggressive laker came up for it and I iced my first of the day...

n502843091_2262571_5359774.jpg

A nice little laker.

I dropped the tube down again, and within 5 minutes, I had another iced.

n502843091_2262573_7073799.jpg

We went another half hour with a few fish chasing, but not commiting, Kelli put on a spoon and landed a nice little laker.

n502843091_2262572_3559787.jpg

We fished on for another hour or so and t was pretty slow on the vex, then a fish came across the screen suspended about 30 feet off bottom. I reeled my tube up to it and he crushed it! I got him to the hole and he broke my line on the ice, a decent laker, 5-6 pounds. I'm more upset that I lost the only tube I had.

I stole Kelli's spoon and gave her a gulp minnow, I shouldnt have taken the spoon lol. She landed another nice fish...

n502843091_2262575_1042145.jpg

We ended up hitting a poor streak and hooked and lost 5 or 6 more fish before leaving.

Fun day out!

Friday

The weather looked awful, but I still wanted to fish, by myself today. I got there at frst light and walked out to 98 feet of water. It was really windy, I dropped a tube down and had a few fish come take a look. When a took time to uhhh, drain myself?, I came walking back to my rod almost down the hole. A nice whitie on the motionless tube.

n502843091_2262578_2929999.jpg

It started pouring and I caught 2 more whities on the spoon. No pics in the rain. Then it got cold and I left around 9:30.

Saturday

Today I met up with troutguy and a bunch of his buddies for a fish. We set up in 94 feet and got to fishin. it was COLD! Ryan got into them pretty early and got some nice lakers. Then some guys pickup caught on fire in the distance, not a good day for that man, it was towed off later. I couldnt get into them today, I lost 1 around noon and I lost one at the hole (i touched it, I swear!) around 230 and we headed out at 3. Fun day out!

EDIT: To add videos

Me catching a laker

Kelli catching a laker

Edited by steverowbotham