wax worms

FinS

this might sound strange i was wondering if any of you ever heard of using cooked elbow macaroni to immitate wax worms my grandfather use to use them (macaroni) back in the day with plenty of success

lets here your opinions on this one

this might sound strange i was wondering if any of you ever heard of using cooked elbow macaroni to immitate wax worms my grandfather use to use them (macaroni) back in the day with plenty of success

lets here your opinions on this one

Yep I have heard it works for chumming for white fish. I was talking to a hut operator he said some folks used corn (yep the corn story) to chum the bottom for white fish. And they don't recommend it cause they said it was hard for white fish to digest it. So they recommend boiled maccaroni or barley and they said it works.

Ahh I tried it but :dunno: nothing happened. This was last year.

dsn

I've heard of chumming with it, but never using it as bait. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I used to fish a small pond on the back of my grandparents property, there was a creek that ran through the pond and eventually into the Saugeen River. This pond was full of brook trout and the occasional brown. I used to catch lots of trout, and of course chub too, using a piece of bacon or hotdog on a hook.