Parry Sound Ice Fishing Spots

bluesky1713

I am looking to do some ice fishing around Parry Sound. I know there are lots of lakes, but have never fished any of them. Does anyone have any tips on a good lake(s) around Parry Sound and across HWY 124 to ice fish that hold Pickerel, Perch, Pike and even Lakers? Are Mill Lake, Lake Manitouwabing, Bell Lake, Ahmic Lake, etc any good to ice fish?

I've never fished Manitouwabing at all...the closest I came was Manitouwaba...my buddy was a bit confused :lol:

I've heard that Parry Island is the spot if you want Rainbows through the ice...again...nothing I've done myself...but heard enough about

Does anyone fish the hard water in Georgian Bay right in Parry Sound?

Be REAL careful in all your mentioned lakes. I just drove thru there today and there's more open water than I've seen in past winters. High flow on the Magnetawan etc. McKellar/ Manitouwabing is open right to the dock on the far shore from the highway. Saw a couple portables out there on Wednesday about 30 feet from open water. Walk spud.. walk spud..

Edited by irishfield

Good advice, Irish. There were quite a few people out fishing right in McKellar last Friday evening. Some of them were dangerously close to the open water. I might try it out a little further from open water. I wonder how the fishing is there, it seems to be a pretty popular spot?