Simcoe Laker and Whitefish Update - Pics!

Slayingm

Hi OFC Gang,

Well, its been a while since I last posted.... I have been so busy with work (IBM) and guiding 3days per week plus have 2 teen age kids in rep hockey so just not enough hours in the day :wallbash:

Anyway, the trips out on Simcoe with customers the past 6 weeks have been nothing short of great. On one of the days we had 4 folks with a whitefish on at the same time!! We have also limited out on both Whitefish and Lakers some days. That said since we had the big melt and rain a couple of weeks back the light penetration and pressure changes have certainly changed the mood of the fish to more of a 'Negative mood' and fish have moved from some of my top producing area's to different depths. Being portable out on the main lake is key so that when the action is slow or your not marking any fish its time to move until you locate them.

Most of the fish we are catching are in the 65 to 85' depths. Standard William's ice spoon's in flat and hammered silver and gold finishes along with Little Foxee jig's and #9 Rapala ice jigs have been the ticket. I always have different styles/colours out to the group to use so I can see what the best combination is for the day. Sometimes its a quick snap jerk retrieve and other days its just twitching the lure no more than 3" off bottom. When you find a successful pattern try and repeat it.... it will work on other fish!

That said here are a few pics trips the past couple of weeks.... enjoy!!

Glensgroup.jpg

Johnsgroupshot.jpg

Johnsgroupcatch.jpg

alfightingfish.jpg

Take care and be safe out there!!.... with the sun moving further north and the changing conditions there are many cracks starting to open up to take you time on the main lake..... Greg.