OT: Plumber in Mississauga

charlesn

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good reliable plumber in Mississauga? Preferably an angler so that I can talk fishing with them while they work and maybe trade a bass fishing trip or two for a discount on the work. :)

Got some issues with a drippy faucet and a more major issue in the other bath which I don't really know how to describe except that it is bad enough to sound like it is shaking the whole house down.

Thanks,

Charles

... and a more major issue in the other bath which I don't really know how to describe except that it is bad enough to sound like it is shaking the whole house down.

Thanks,

Charles

Your other problem is air in the line

I was going to suggest not enough fibre in the diet if he is shaking the whole house but your explanation sounds more reasonable.

(Just getting it back up top for you Charles, good luck with the repair)

How ever did this myth of Air in the line get started???? The water pressure in a house is above atmospheric pressure so if you were to get a hole in the line water would spray out before air would rush in. The 2 exceptions to the rule are a venturi that is used on a well tank (very old school and rarely done now a days) or the water heater is scaled up and is boiling the water and creating hydrogen or oxygen gas to be released. Both of the issues will give you sputtering at the faucet not a loud noise. The loose washer in either a faucet or the angle stop valves can cause the noise but will only vibrate when you use the faucet that makes the noise. If the noise appears all by it's self then look at the toilet ballcocks if the flapper is bad then it will cause it to cycle even without anyone using it because the water level has stopped. The easiest way to find out which one it is is to turn one of them off and see if the noise does not appear. Work your way around the house doing one toilet a day and then replace the ballcock and flapper with a FluidMaster 400a ballcock and a good quality flapper (korky). If that does not resolve it then it is time to test the solenoid valves on the washer machine,humidifyer, or the dishwasher all of these will work the same way the faucet rule applies. The last check their is is the Pressure regulating valve that may or may not be located in the main water line were the cutoff valve is to the house. This check and job should be done by a plumber unless you can solder and are familiar with the testing because if you do it wrong you can flood the house or make it so you can't turn the water back on until it is fixed.

Hope this helps

Art

Thank you Art and Rombo. I have a friend coming over to look at it tomorrow. The rattling appears only when the showerhead is turned on, when the faucet from the shower stall is running, no rattling, just when I pull up the plunger thingy to pressurize the showerhead. Would it still make sense that it has something to do with the toilets?

I appreciate the help as 12 days without a shower is pretty tough, I almost smell like I am from Hamilton.

hahaha, j/k

Charles

Some of the tubspouts have a lift knob on the end that when you divert it it will cause a loud squeel noise. If thats the case then replacing the spout should be the answer. You may also find that the showerhead is the noise maker if it is a massage type but that is rare.... You can switch the head with another one in the house to test it.

Art