Long term decline of the Toronto fishing show

scuro2

Well Charles I will likely run into you fishing the Quinte series or Caraveth's Stoney etc. so I'll talk to ya then and will do better than seeing it,you can jump in for a boot and I'd like to have a run in yours.I agree on the quality thing,it was my #1 on criteria but your good with the Champ in that dept.,they made my short list of 3 boats.Ernie those boats are like hot women,it's ok to look but "love the one your with",you got it good with the Ranger you have.

I went to the show and didn't really enjoy it. I guess when you go to all the show's like Bass pro, boat show, sportsmans show, they start to get boring. Same old same old. Unfortunatly I didn't have time to listen to the pro seminars. That I do enjoy and feel for that alone it's worth the money. For the boats, what boats there were harldly any. I know, I went to the boat show and it did not compare. Let's face it times have changed and the show's of yester year are gone. When I buy tackle I just support the local guy now. I live in hamilton and why buy from someone that has a store 2hrs away from me when I have 2 tackle shop's 10mins away. When something goes wrong with you rod or reel you gonna drive 2hrs away to get your 80 dollar rod fixed that you saved 10 bucks at a show. It will cost you 1/2 tank of gas. No I don't think so. I think if you go for some fun and with some freinds that like fishing it's worth it, if not save your money. My 2 cents

:Gonefishing: Hi guys. Went to the fishing show and I myself thought it was ok for only the second year running. Didn't buy mutch just a couple of lures.The darn things each were more than the price of the admission. But what I really took a few minuites to look around to see fathers showing their young kids what fishing is all about. They were around the fly casting mats, the lures where some dads were explaining the different types and the boats. These guys were not here to buy but to do what most of us should be doing .Getting kids out there fishing.After all who is going to take out us old guys when we can't launch our old tinny any more.I would say we shouldn't complain but take our kids to one show in the spring .Beats going to canadian tire with a young one and trying to exite him by looking at shelves of fishing stuff.And thats my two cents worth.