Anybody snag a Boat deal at the show?

GeorgeJ

Hey guys I didn't get a chance to go to the Spring Fishing show this year but wonder if there were any outstanding deals on boats there. I found what I think was a decent deal a couple a couple of weeks ago, last years model bought when dollar was at par about $1200 less than an 09 so the dealer passed that on to me. Did Boats seem priced real good? I read another post where tackle and stuff wasn't priced that great. I'm still looking for a 20 to 25 hp motor too if anyone noticed any real good deals on one...

Edited by GeorgeJ

Deals on boats were far and few between.. everyone's raising their prices, even with a recession.. and most of the dealers throw a whack of unnecessary extra taxes and fees on top.. you see a boat for $14,999 sticker price, and once everything is all worked out it's somehow out to over $20,000.. what a rip off.. I think i'm going to be going the used route..

Guys it's simple, 95% of the product comes from the US and our dollar tanked resulting in 2009 product being about 15%-20% more before even allowing for the normal yr.-yr. 2-3% inflationary increases.If you can find what you want in an 08' you will save huge compared to 09' because the dealers purchased this product with close to PAR money.

Guys it's simple, 95% of the product comes from the US and our dollar tanked resulting in 2009 product being about 15%-20% more before even allowing for the normal yr.-yr. 2-3% inflationary increases.If you can find what you want in an 08' you will save huge compared to 09' because the dealers purchased this product with close to PAR money.

Yup I saved $1200 on my 08 Grizzly 1448 AWL and matching trailer vs buying the same thing 09 model year. The lower dollar is about to take it's toll on automobiles and a whole lot more.