Halburton area

Joeytier

Hey folks

I've been wanting to trek further north and break away from Simcoe/Scugog ice fishing to try for some trout in the Haliburton highlands. If keeping a spot secret is an issue, feel free to pm me. I'm not the kind of the guy to run my mouth off to everyone I know. I'd just like to find a lake with decent trout ice fishing able to access via foot (and preferably a decent access road). Thanks in advance for any help.

Just get a map, close your eyes, and put your finger on a spot. Go there.

Honestly, most of the lakes up there are pretty much the same. Just pick one, and go. I've been doing that for years, its the only way to find new waters.

The whole chain up #35 highway are all pretty good for smaller lakers, but there are the odd good ones in there too. Gull lake, off Deep Bay Rd. is a decent spot to try. Lakers, whities and ling. Just check the regs, most lakes up there are one line and slots on lakers.

Sinker

tons of good trout lakes up there, any close to the major roads are easily walked in. the ones off the beating path i would stay away from unless you had the right vehicle.

lovely part of the country this time of year. if fishing sucks you can always go dog sledding through the hali forest. its a blast!

cheers!

Access rds are generally fine. Just use common sense. Don't go down a road that's not plowed......Deep Bay Rd is a paved road.

If you have a lake in mind you'd like to try, shoot me a pm. I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Sinker