Bayof Quinte fishing ice fishing Jan/28/07

skevys

Well two of my friends and I managed to get out yesterday for some ice fishing and we did pretty good. Okay I’ll tell the truth one of us did pretty darn good. Two of us got skunked. I missed at least three for sure my other buddy missed one for sure. Joan kicked our butts. She lost one at the hole (nice fish about 7 to 8 pounds). She had it half way out of the hole and it jumped and broke her line and took MY LURE back to the depths. Gave her one of my other bud’s lures and she continued to put a show on. I actually fished one hole for a good ¾ of an hour and left. Joan came over and started to fish it and missed two and landed one. She managed to put the only five fish that were caught on the ice. It’s too bad she aint never going fishing with us again and it has nothing to do with her kicking butt. Oh alright maybe a bit.

The ice we fished on was 12 to 13 inches thick, we marked a few fish. This was an area that I wanted to try because I knew no-one was fishing it. So I guess I guided one person to the right place. Next time I go out I’m going back there and trying in a different spot. Let you all know when I know for a fact that their stacked. Usually it is a little later in the season.

I may have not caught any fish last night but it was a nice peaceful night to watch some-one else catch them. I’ll get the touch back, then watch out Ms Joanne. Then I may invite you again (maybe)

Have fun be safe and bring back everything you took with you…………Ron

hey ron i feel your pain :dunno::blink: dont ya hate it when that happens...my girl has done that to me before as well we were in the tackle store i was getting a few salmon lures and she spotted one that she said 'look at that pretty lure' well i said that wont catch anything...well i should have kept my mouth shut she used it on lake ontario and caught a big king within 20mins... 26.5lbr oh ya i didnt hear the end of that for a long time.....so i know where yer,commin from...well anyway great report next time get us some pics...cheers

Good deal skevys01,

I'm much too polite to ever catch all the fish either :lol: (it's never happend to me yet anyway's) Heading to Long Point this weekend for perch, but do want to make the trip to Quinte once before soft water.

Thanks for the report