Rapala Clackin' Rap

diggyj

I think I may pick up the Rapala Clackin' Rap at the Fishing Show if they are available. If not I will grab one at a tackle shop.

Has anyone ever fished with this lure before and if so, any success?

It looks very versatile and can be fished many different ways. The video on the Rapala website looks pretty cool.

Thanks....Dirk......

lipless crank , I bought a few when I first saw them as I liked the colors and ( mostly)I didnt have any lol . Still like my old cotton cordel spots the best , but its a nice lipless, bought 6 and all but one ran true from the pack and the one that wanted to run on its side was easy to tune, true of most rapellas they are well made stuff . I fished the clown color the most and took some nice smallies with them last fall on the st lawerence, but than I caught more on the spots , but like I said I fished the spots more as I really like that bait .

In a recent post I mentioned that Rattle Trap type lipless crankbaits were very popular here in the southwest. Since this fishery only exists because of catch and release, and because most bass anglers down here have more lipless cranks than shoes, it stands to reason that every decent Bass has seen dozens of these baits and been caught on one at sometime or other.

Fish aren't smart, but they can become conditioned and weary. This must have been a problem on other heavily fished water because, about a year or so ago I started to hear about a one-knocker lipless crank made by Xcalibur. Last summer Rapala started advertising their new Clackin' Rap on their web site, but it has taken until now for the bait to reach the stores. Both of these baits feature a single large weight in them, instead of a handful of BB's. As the bait vibrates the big ball bearing thumps back and forth. The idea is to offer fish that have seen and heard every lipless on the market something new.

As soon as the BPS web site indicated that they had stock available, I ordered the smallest Xcalibur One Knocker, the 2.5 inch 1/2 ounce model called an x50, and the only size Rapala available, a 3 1/8 inch, 7/8 ounce bait.

On Saturday I recieved my new baits and went straight to the lake to try them out. I started with the smaller bait, but nothing happened, so I switched to the larger Rapala. On the same spot where I caught a Bass on the Little John, last week, I hooked up again. This fish was 15 inches long, an inch smaller than the 2.5 pounder Igot last week. In my rush to try the baits I had gone out without my camera so I don't have a picture to share.

It will be a good bait for you to throw were you are Dirk around the shoals for smallies and just off weedlines for Largies.You can control the depth and utilize a tech. called yo-yoing on the shoals,let it drop to bottom and pop it up as you bring it back to the boat,great for walleye too :D

Here's something that you might like to know.

The Clacking Rap is on sale at BPS in Vaughan, for $8.99. That is the same price as in the USA, but the US exchange rate is runing about 20%...I would snap them up at the sales price!