Canadian Tire?(N/F)What Gives???

Mr Twister

What's with the big guys pushing around the little guy attitude as of late?

I'm into purchase a pair of skates for my young girl so that she may attend her skating party and we get there and there is all these sale price stickers on display so we start trying on them with no ones help as I had allready asked 2 other personel and they point to the head customer service area at the front of th building???

Thanks anyway as we were in the sports area as junior was getting stressed out sharpening skates so I proceded on helping my kid.

Everything is great so far as she is happy with the pair of skates listed for $49 and I mention for him to get quick with the skate sharpening as you did not help at all after all that time so he does and as we are off to pay he rings in a total of 189.00.......what the hell I say as we go back and see that all the skate inventory is all over the place and he can not even figure it out?

He finds another pair even cheaper as I have to lace them up for her and 45min has gone by at this time and yes they are not the correct price again $99.00!!! I tell the guy to get the head manager and asure him I am not mad at him and only wish to speak with his superior.

I exsplain everything to the man as he shows me no interest and ask me what do I want from him?

I tell him I came in for a $60 or less pair of skates and was shown that I was and thats what I am walking out with.

He says he can only give me 10% off as the last skates were $99.00!

I felt sorry for my girl to stand there as I exsplained to her about getting customer service and providing you with that service that you are paying for.....right?

I said to keep your skates and he will never see me again shopping at any location!(Kingston)

These big companys start off small with a personel touch and grow big and not give a crap!!!

What gives,Tim Horton's,Home Depot,Canadian Tire, they can take some examples like Walmart customer care.

I love to tip anywhere when you are treated with respect of receiving your repeat busness.

I am done.....

I feel better.....LOL

Thanks

sorry toh ear about ur bad luck, some ppl just dont care,

should try a sporting goods store for skates, most have used skates at great prices, kids grow like crazy n you'll probably need a new pair next year anyway then you can trade in the old ones over n over n over, (if she's just using them on occasion that is)

1-800-387-8803 (English)

1-800-565-3356 (French)

The above are customer relations phone numbers fro CTC. Relay your storey and name names if you can. You'll be surprised when you go to the top , how many times you get satisfaction. Whatever you do, be polite. Ask for a superior if you are not satisfied (climb the ladder). Eventually someboby will kick someone's butt.

You complaint is very understanding and reasonable. This is not a petty complaint.

More power to ya!

Muddler

sorry toh ear about ur bad luck, some ppl just dont care,

should try a sporting goods store for skates, most have used skates at great prices, kids grow like crazy n you'll probably need a new pair next year anyway then you can trade in the old ones over n over n over, (if she's just using them on occasion that is)

Agree, Kids grow out fast or get Bored. You never know, you may find a 200 dollar skates for less than $30

I know we all want the best for our Kids, but sometimes you may have to back down a little. As far as Canadian Tire service, no excuses there because they can pick and choose employees. Out here, there is an excuse. There is nobody to fill the demand of jobs so they hire anybody hoping they will show up. I Kid you not.

The stores are only as good as the owner/managers make 'em. In Stratford I think we get treated pretty well there. I've never had a problem that Bill (a manager) couldn't resolve to my satisfaction.

As for skates for kids. I don't know about the newest generation of skates but about 20 years ago when I had boys playing a lot of hockey (and I mean a lot) I discovered that the boys were happier (i.e. - skated better) with the used skates that were nicely broken in than the brand new ones. The boots on the top models were too stiff to break in easily and often the kid wouldn't get a whole season out of one size. Even playing 50 or more games a year and practicing several times a week the skates didn't get comfy until just as he outgrew 'em. It wasn't a money thing cuz heaven knows we hockey parents just threw our credit cards on the counter and let the sports stores have their way with us. It was in fact at one of the local sports stores that the used skate thing was suggested by the owner. He was a pretty smart retailer, also from a big hockey playing family.

JF

I'm on the fence on this one. I used to work at Canadian Tire (5 years ago now), and they are generally understaffed at most times. Trust me when I say its frustrating for the employees to have lineups of customers waiting. The skate sharpening in the winter gets ridiculous and takes up far more time than you could imagine, but its an important part of the service they offer, I can remember spending entire 9 hour shifts sharpening skates because they kept coming and coming. There's only so much that employees can do to keep areas tidy and in shape, believe it or not, its the CUSTOMERS that make the mess and rearrange the aisles moving things around and out of place, not the fault of the employee. Canadian Tire was their own product codes that are labelled on the boxes AND on the price tags, you could do a check on them if you're not certain. MAke sure the names match up even. If the product codes match up for your item and the sale item, then I'd make sure I get a deal, but it sounds like you just picked up the wrong skates from the wrong spot, not uncommon.

I did not know that it was a help your self place of buisness as it is not directed at the worker.It is directed at the head management/owners that should care!!!

I'm sure they have some $ for extra workers but would rather down size during these times and give up the customer service side of things?

They would rather save for them selves then maintain good standings with the public sector is what gives them there pay cheque and they should not forget that!

Thanks for your input and have a great day ; ))

Edited by Mr Twister