2 Men Ice Fishing Shelter

young_one

What are some of the features I should look for, for a 2 man ice shelter?

I will most likely be dragging the whole thing by myself, so a sled base is a must, to hold my gas auger and tackle bag/rods in a bucket.

Not looking for anything fancy, perferably light weight, and easy to assemble.

So far I really like the Fish Trap Guide, sled, flip-over, resonably priced.

Any other recommandations?

Thanks

Edited by young_one

What are some of the features I should look for, for a 2 man ice shelter?

I will most likely be dragging the whole thing by myself, so a sled base is a must, to hold my gas auger and tackle bag/rods in a bucket.

Not looking for anything fancy, perferably light weight, and easy to assemble.

So far I really like the Fish Trap Guide, sled, flip-over, resonably priced.

Any other recommandations?

Thanks

Is your GF going with you? That would require extra options.

Honestly, if you plan on hauling it by hand with all your gear all the time, ferget about it.

your better off with 2 one man flip overs.

I have a 2 man eskimo, and if I'm walking, there is no way I'm hauling it out by hand. I've done it, and unless conditions are perfect, its a major workout.

If you have a machine, ignore what I just typed!

Sinker

Hey Ben and Sinker -- was talking to a guy who hauls a good sized flip-up, and he swore up and down that the addition of two downhill skiis made a world of difference pulling his sled. He simply had the bolted on flat to the bottom of the sled, and snow was no longer a problem. :dunno:

Hey Ben and Sinker -- was talking to a guy who hauls a good sized flip-up, and he swore up and down that the addition of two downhill skiis made a world of difference pulling his sled. He simply had the bolted on flat to the bottom of the sled, and snow was no longer a problem. :dunno:

Sure, it would make a difference on hard packed snow, but get into some fluffy stuff, and it doesn't help it from plowing at all.

Go ahead, try it in some deep snow, and tell me how much easier it is.........have you ever dragged a 2 man flip over for any distance across a lake in powder snow??

The best thing to do is make a separate sleigh for your hut, that gets it above the snow surface. The skis would work great then. But now you need more room to transport the sleigh and the hut. A one man is the way to go IMO.

I'd trade my 2 man Eskimo for a one man clam if I was to do it again.

Sinker

I bought a snowmobile instead! :clapping::worthy: Fixed all my problems.

IMO a snowmobile and a portable flip style hut are the ultimate in ice fishing mobility and convenience.