great six pointer

waterwolf

i brought this deer up a while ago. my buddy shot this deer 2 yrs. ago and didn't think much about it ,, but i thought it was incredible for a six point . i took some pictures . thought you might want to take a look at a giant six. the last photo is the joker that takes the credit for this deer. despite what you see it scores only 118 boone. 2 more pionts though and you're lookin' at the 150's.

g2's were 11in. mains were almost 24in. greatest spread almost 22in. circumference at 5 1\2in.

great rack anyway,, take a look .

antlers.jpg

antlers2.jpg

antlers3.jpg

antlers4.jpg

antlers5.jpg

would have to be 2 huge points to be in the 150's . If it got 2 more points they would be the g3's and they would have been smaller than the g2's so at best they would be 8 inches each, and that would put it in the mid 130's. Nice deer tho .

not really richyb , you get the added measurements between the added tines as well. 150 is not that far off ,, do the real math.

2 more tines {even at 8 in., which is shy} then add the circumfirance of 4in. x2 ,between the added tines ,,now you're gettin' close.

don't get me wrong ,, i'm making a guestimate on a deer 's potential ,, certainly not trying to discredit your trophy.

an incredible deer on your wall ,, big hats off to ya, especially with a bow.

just sayin' some 8 pointers superseed some 10's because of the math

apologies if offended.

Edited by waterwolf

Well mine is 145 1/4" ... But who knows "IF" that 6 pointer did have another 2 points and they were non typical or something crazy it might hit 150 gross and then the net score would bring its score back down. It takes a huge 8 point to hit 150

IF my mom had nuts she would be my dad :P

did you do the score yourself ? because your not even so you need to deduct inches

no im not offended and my apologies if i have offended you .

Edited by richyb

who knows how big he might 've become ,,,,, a great young deer .

Again not tryting to burst your bubble but that is an old deer with poor genetics. That was likely the best that deer would get. The mass of the beams and the width of the skull cap is a hint that its an older deer. Maybe a couple years ago that was a nice giant 8 pointer but once a rack gets so big and the deer gets to a certain age they start to decline rack size and abort growing extra points.

This is just all my opinion ofcourse im no expert but i have hunted my whole life and seen alot of deer or maybe im full of horse crap and everything ive read and seen is false.

Are there any other actual hunters going to comment their thoughts on this ?

Edited by richyb

Are there any other actual hunters going to comment their thoughts on this ?

Since you asked.

Yes that deer is old.Yes that is the best it would probly get.The mass and scull like rich says,is the give away.

None the less,thats a massive frame for a 6 pointer. I be bragg,n too.

Rich,nice mount aswell.

It is a big 6 pointer, that is a given.

It is an older buck, but the genetics are not there. I don't think he would have gotten any better, he was probably at his prime.

I got this buck last year and he is a 11 pointer and I green scored him at 152 1/8, he is at the taxidermist and he will be getting scored officially.

100_2355.JPG

Edited by outdoorsman

not my deer , never did see any more of him than you guys did via these photo's.

ya , a great 6 point but if he is an old fella then more than likely his offspring might only get as big.

i was thinking a trophy finally may be on a property i that i have permission to hunt .

no need to say it ,, ofcourse if this animal were in my peep-sight i'd be pretty damn excited.

thanks guys ,, awesome photo's of some brute whitetails.