Sorel boot liners

kickingfrog

I decided to replace the original liners from my sorel boots. I went to one store that sells sorel boots and the liners are $50! The new boots that the liners go in are only $110 at the same store! I tried a few other stores but had no luck. I have hard time bringing myself to replace a perfectly solid pare of boots, but $50 liners for a $110 pair of boots burns my onions as well. Suggestions? :dunno:

KickingFrog, this sorta sounds like the story from Grampa about the axe that has been in the family for 5 generations. Only maintenance was replacing the shaft twice and the head once. They don't make 'em like they used to.

I still wear the same leather/rubber Sorels I got when I was 15, and that is coming up 40 years. Seriously. I did replace the liners about 10 years ago, getting rid of the old navy blue felt in favour of the stiff oversized liners with some sorta foil thread woven in. They are even warmer than before, and still don't leak. The foots still stay stupid warm, as long as I have a good hat or two.

Sorel.

Edited by douG

You want to lightly sautee' your onions Rob, not burn them!!!

I don't know how you feel about shopping online but Solo is right, there's a lot more competition online and the prices are hard to beat even with the shipping!

Then again, a good pair of liners that fit your boot perfectly with no waiting for shipping may be worth their weight in gold on a cold day eh?!!!

KF -- I picked up liners from Canadian Tire at the beginning of last winter for $25. Can't remember if they were Sorel or Kamik, or generic, but they made my boots like new all over again!!! To top it off, when I saw the same liners later on, in the Spring, they were $12. Try 'em out...good luck!