Nippissing Walleye techniques your pic?

Mr Twister

Guest gbfisher

with the growing perch population they have going up there, I stick to jigging myself.

dang perch just kill your minnows. OR just fish for the Perch while yer waiting for the pics to come by.......lol

Everything you mentioned works well. A simple jig and minnow. Single minnow and split shots as Fisherman said. Buckshot spoons, pimples,hawgers,vingulas,williams.....EVEN PLASTIC Eh Raf!!! :clapping::lol:

My setline always consists of a white 1/8 or 1/4 oz jighead tipped with a large shiner and a hook placed 1-2 ft above the jighead, with about a 4 inch length of line. I've tried putting a second hook up higher, but it rarely seems to get bit, so I just stick with the one hook and the jighead.

My jigging rod always has a spoon. I've tried varying the size and style of spoon I'm using, but only two spoons seem to work consistently year after year. The small williams ice jig and the williams wabler. The wabler works best in sizes 20, 30 and 40, with the 30 being the most productive and for whatever reason, the blue out fishes all other colours 10-1. As for the ice jig, just about any colour works, but my most productive ones are both half and half finishes, blue, and chartruese (which was by far the best colour choice for last year and this year). I've caught a few fish on the buckshot spoon, (gold/black), but always seem to end up with an ice jig or a wabler at the end of my line.

I've spent a lot of time on this lake in the winter. I have had great days out there with a gold and black buckshot rattle spoon tipped with a few pin heads. Keep in mind that nippissing is slightly tea stained, any thing in gold in a tea stained lake would be my choice....... good luck!