• worm
    • plastics
    • other
  2. 2. do u prefer live or lure or both

• live bait only (tip up)
    • lure only
    • lure w/ live bait
    • other

so what's the lucky ticket for winter, so far i've tried chubs on tip us, jigging with chubs, jiggin with rubbers, spoons, and a few other lures but all i can seem to catch this year is dang slimey pike,

i bought some shiners today and will give them a try tomorrow

i didn't vote cause..... well i havent caught anything so it's hard to prefer somethin

Edited by walleyejigger

in my experience walleye hate the smell and taste of chub. ive watched chubs and shiners fished side by side on jig heads and with tip up and shiners out fished chub 100% of the time. i have witnessed people catching walleye on chub when no shiners are being used, but when the choice is presented, shiners win.

For me small shiners / minnows works best on a tipup..... caught lots of them that way. Tipups must be real sensitive though without any resistance what so ever..... As for jigging, haven't caught any yet..... still experimenting with different artificial baits.

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

For several years now i have really been giving plastics a good run for ice-fishing,and i am quite suprised as how well they have done,and i believe for some species that plastics,like gulp,in the buckets,and tubes & twister tails have done better than live minnows !!!! for me anyways,i should have used them long ago,so its good to feel confident that they will have a place for me to use in the winter for sure,and some biologists are already calling for the ban of live bait all together,even a few conservation officers say in some areas the writing is on the wall for the banning of live bait !!!! because of fears of VHS & spreading even more invaders...i hope they never do,but alot of people in the industry says its just a matter of time too,and they want a law making all plastics to be biodegadable too.....but yes i still love me shinners and red dace for walleye fishing through the ice....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: