a sad day in fishing!

BassAsin

to start this story we'll go back to the day it started. i was just a wee gaffer of 11 years old. my dad and his buddies sandy and JJ and i went for a day of spuaretailin'. after fishing for a few hours and not gettting a bite i decided to walk across the lake to try there to get a hit having forgotten to bring some minnows with me to jig. lucky for me i found a bag of minnows still alive a black and yellow plastic scoop and some holes from people fishing the day prior. i began jigging and managed to catch 2 fish and ran back enthused to tell the guys meanwhile they had 5 on the ice and we decided to stay put.

So over the past 10 years i have been using the same black and yellow plastic scoop. it has zip ties holding it together. after the plastic handle broke as they all do it was replaced with a wire coat hanger rigged up was used with no handle at all for a season and a copper pipe riveted on for a few seasons. at the beginning of this season i could not find it and bought a new scoop made of galvanized steel.

so as i was moving around everything in my apartment today so i can redo the floors and lay ceramics i found an oddly bent piece of copper pipe and recognized my scoop handle immediatley :clapping: but after the excitement of finding it i realized the yelllow scoop was only hanging by a thread and had been crushed! :( so after ten years of using my favorite scoop although it was a piece of CR AP it has been retired and now sits with all my other ice fishing gear!

Matt

Oh man, I know how you feel..........well.....not really. I still have the same scoop I bought when I was 13. She's had a few bumps and bruises, but still comes on every trip :)

Sinker

i didnt think i was the only one who had a special scoop laying around for years!

I've gone thru several, but this one keeps on going. I even dropped it down the hole on simcoe in 65FOW and managed to get her back!! LOL

Sinker

sounds like my dads chisel, he went back the day after he lost it down the hole(the sashcord broke) he used a large speaker to get it he had to drill holes all over to find it but it was in about 90 fow he was Pised. but the magnetic speaker worked like a charm!