Lure Suggestions

MCTFisher9120

PLASTICS.

tubes, senko's, slammers :clapping:, chigger craws, beavers, etc, etc, etc......

I got my fair share of plastics + some Gulp to.

ScreenHunter_02Jan182040.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Jan182039.jpg

But both the beavers, chigger craws and these jitter bugs and other items you are all talkin about will be items on my BPS list ;)

Thanks for the reply's everyone!

BPS doesn't have them. You need to go to a specialty tackle shop, IOW anyone besides BPS.

Reaction Innovations makes the Beavers, and Berkley makes the Chiggers....Strike Zone Slammers for drop shoting.

Dirk...

Really?

I'll check out Gagnon Sports here in Oshawa and see if they carry them. I'm guessing you texas rigg the beaver and use a slip weight on the front...punching it through cover.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Mike here is a jitterbug http://www.lurenet.com/productdetail.aspx?id=3721

they can be fished on a slow steady retrieve and make sort of a unique sound coming through the water, I generally never fished them fast also pause and retrieve. Not the best lure to throw around real thick weeds, two trebles hang down that will catch weeds. With practice you can swim them through some cover.

Don`t let us tackle collectors turn you into one, about 45 years or more of buying tackle for me and mistakes were made on tackle purchases. Time on the water will make up for some tackle, the ability to locate key spots where fish hold seasonally, a search pattern based on that.

Easier to do from a boat, but you can learn from boaters even if you don`t have one, what shore line areas are they targeting? are they catching fish there? time of day they are catching fish? breeze towards shore or away when they are catching fish.

Most lakes here don`t drop off too quickly, a pair of chest waders can get you past some of the shoreline junk if you are fishing a lake that it is safe to use them. I have caught bass a few yards away from me wading, just be slow and steady about it if you try.

Baitfish near shore? a good place to try, they are feeding spawning or trapped against shore by game fish herding them, shallow water is a saftey zone for them from other species.

Don`t spend so much on tackle that you don`t have money to use it. Any boat that can be used safely on the water you are fishing opens the door to more water to fish.